Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you use a Toaster Oven?

Do any of you use a Toaster Oven?

I have been debating with myself about buying a toaster oven. Can't decide if I would use one that often. I do a lot of roasting of vegetables which I put in the oven. Do any of you have one and do you use them? I only cook for myself and it seems crazy to heat up the oven just for me. Any thoughts?
    Marilyn

I have had this same thought lately...if I get one...I want it to work really well!! I had one years ago and it didn't do a very good job and I think it tool a long time...can't really recall the specifics, but didn't keep it too long. I will be watching to see what others think.

Blog Entries
    For over18yrs, didnt have an oven mt toaster oven got me thru roasts,pizzas,vdggies, cakes and snall turkeys get onr, you wont know how you lived without one.
    No heating up the house in the summer, roasts,cookies and cakes in june again.
    Get one.
    Less power anx electricity.

Blog Entries
    JUST FOR ME???? WHY NOT? I would use my oven if I wanted something. "Course I cook for 5 every day. But I like food. You are important. Cook for yourself.

I have the Black & Decker Space Saver toaster oven it's mounted under the cabinet, I use it every day & couldn't live without it.
    FancyFoot

Blog Entries
    we use our toaster oven CONSTANTLY! with just the 2 of us it doesn't make sense to heat the whole oven- besides the big oven takes so long to warm up- the toaster oven- 5 minutes....it works great & i honestly don't know how we got along with out it in the past- for the last 6 years it has been our most used appliance...one of the best $59 purchases we've made.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I use the toaster oven daily - many times twice or more. There are three of us and it is perfect!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FancyFoot View Post
    I have the Black & Decker Space Saver toaster oven it's mounted under the cabinet, I use it every day & couldn't live without it.
    i had one of these for years and wore it out. when searching for another, i couldn't find one just like it. i happened to rescue one from a neighbor and use it daily. i rarely turn on the big oven
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

I wouldn't live without a toaster oven. I only cook for myself--no sense in heating up the whole house. I didn't have a stove for almost 2 years in my last house. I got along just fine with toaster oven, microwave and electric grill. I finally got one when my ex-husband found one put out for garbage and salvaged it for me. He brought it over, hooked it up and even cleaned it for me. lol He was a much better greatly loved friend than a husband.

I loved my toa.ster oven cuz it was just me and it worked great. got it at goodwill for 5.00
    Thank you Lord for Friends, Family, and Quilters

I love a toaster oven for open faced sandwiches and appetizer type snacks. so quick and convenient for us the two of us.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I loved mine, then it broke and I miss it. I wanted a replacement and I was given a toaster instead. I rarely use the toaster.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

I use my toaster oven mostly in the summer. I put it on the patio on a little table so I house does not get any heat.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Blog Entries
    My daughter has a cheap one got it for $29 she has used it almost daily for the last three years Ive been thinking of getting one got a Big Boss from Walmart spent $89 on it and I wish I would of just got a toaster oven instead

Big boss is a round glass cooker that uses helogen light and air to cook and you don't have to use any oil
    Last edited by sassey; 10-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    be really careful. we bought one and it got so hot that is burned the counter top. The older ones were better insulated so be sure to check reviews on each brand. I went back to using the oven or I "roast" my veggies in my electric skillet
    Patski
    always learning

I cook for one. My toaster oven broils, toasts, bakes, keeps warm and grills. I grill outside so don't use that.
    Love it. I think mine is considered a 6 slice and I wouldn't get a smaller one.
    Lots of things reheat better in a toaster oven than in the microwave.
    My knob broke and I use a pliers to turn it off and on until I get a new one.
    It does take longer to make toast but worth the wait.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by FancyFoot View Post
    Same here. I thought I would never use one. But I have this same one and not a day goes by that it isn't used.

I asked for one for Christmas one year and my husband found one that needs its own portable counter space and I was rather intimidated at first. But it comes in so handy when I need a second oven. But works so well for smaller portions too. They are great. But don't get something too small.

I love my toaster oven. I use it at least once a day. Plus mine has a rotisserie that I use alot as well. best investment I ever made. Saves on the electric and living in AZ you need to save on that any way you can.
    Amythyst

Blog Entries
    When I had kids at home I always had one. I made sure it was big enough for them to cook thier frozen pizzas in. I loved the fact that in order for it to work they had to set the timer and if they forgot about it it would just shut off on its own. When my daughter was growing up she'd always forget she had something cooking. I made her use a timer with an alarm and the toaster oven, or toaster or microwave was the only thing I'd allow her to use if I wasnt' home. Thank goodness she does better now.

For me, I don't have one. I use the microwave alot and if it ever goes out I'll probably get a convection/microwave to have the best of both worlds. If I want something browned and the grill pan wont do it I heat up my gas oven.
    Last edited by romanojg; 10-31-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    I don't but my daughters all do. I think it is funny, when I was making toast in our toaster my DGD asked me what it was, they don't use toasters anymore just toaster ovens and they use them for everything. I think it would be a great idea!

I didn't like them until I lived with my daughter for a bit. She had one. I don't like the way it toasts but for heating up small things for me I wouldn't be without one. I only cook for myself and it seems silly to heat up a big oven for 4 fish sticks or a handful of sweet potato tots.. Pizza is better reheated in a toaster oven too.

I cook chickens in mine.

There are just two of us at home now, so I use my toaster oven all the time. My old toaster oven was white and didn't really match in my new house. I was watching "America's Test Kitchen" one day and they recommended a Black and Decker Set It and Forget It model. I ordered it from Amazon ($100) and I LOVE it!! It broils, toasts, bakes, and is a convection oven. It fits a full frozen pizza too. I really like it and recommend it!

I had one years ago and couldn't keep it plugged, it would still heat up. Got rid of it and I have ad a couple since. The one I have is used all the time. I would not be without one now. Husband and I use it and our 25Yo Granddaughter uses it for her meals, she eats different foos than we do. I save big gas oven for larger dishes and use it mostly in the winter.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast