Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do any of you use a Toaster Oven? >

Do any of you use a Toaster Oven?

Do any of you use a Toaster Oven?

Old 01-19-2014, 07:12 PM

I have one and use it all the time. I have a toast/broil feature more than the oven but for a small amount to bake or toast it works great. It takes for ever to warm up the oven. I don't know what I would do if mine quit working.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:20 PM

We use ours every day. It's better than a microwave for reheating things that you want crisp. We've roasted veggies in it. I will make a batch of pancakes, freeze leftovers for quick breakfasts, and pop them in the toaster oven while using a pan for just eggs. I like to microwave a potato for 4 or 5 minutes and then transfer it to the m.o. to get a crisp skin in about 1 min. Treat yourself and get one. Of course, Thanksgiving turkey could be a problem....heehee.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:16 AM

I don't have one now but when my kids were growing up I had one for them. It would only start when using a timer and would shut off on its own. My daughter can burn the best pot of water so she was never allowed to cook on the stove if I wasn't home so this was my way of keeping my house safe for all of the kids. I didn't worry about them setting it and forgetting it because the timer would go off. You'd be surprised how many times I'd come home and see where there was food in the toaster oven that they'd set and forgot and if it hadn't been setup to have to use a timer, it would have been burned and so could of my house been burned. They are good, I had one yrs after the kids left. I made sure it was big enough for a small pizza to fit into so then I knew it would handle everything I needed. It went bad and I just never replaced it.