Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Does anyone read Harlequin books? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/does-anyone-read-harlequin-books-t121817.html)

Rhonda 05-08-2011 10:11 PM

I am an avid reader of alot of things but my grandma got me hooked on Harlequins when I was 12. So I pick up alot of harlequins at yard sales and have been buying them online when I run out. I read at least one a day.

I just wondered if anyone else has this addiction? LOL

Janquiltz 05-08-2011 10:25 PM

Yep - they are what I call "fluff" (or light) reading. Something to pick up when you just need a "no brainer" and can finish it in an hour or two. Most of them have really good stories and depending on what you buy - you know that they will have a "happily ever after" ending. I also like the time-travel books, suspense, mystery, paranormal - oh wait...I like a little bit of everything. I wait anxiously for the newest J.D. Robb (Eve Duncan) to come out - or Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson, Lisa Scottoline, Tammy Hoag, Maggie Shayne, Fern Michaels, Suzanne Brockman, Debbie McComber, etc., etc.

katesnanna 05-08-2011 10:51 PM

Not me but my SIL loves them.

Kathios 05-09-2011 02:28 AM

Yup--count me in. My granddaughter always finds me Debbie "Cucumber" books (Macomber).

Missysgottohelp 05-09-2011 04:04 AM

Yep, I love the Harlequin Intrigue.

sunflower126 05-09-2011 04:41 AM

I love to read. I average about 15 books a month. DD got me 3 new books for mom's day. I always have a list going of books I want so she bought ones I want to read. One was the newest Debbie Macomber. I have about 75 of the Harlequin on a shelf downstairs that I will read eventually. They were given to me. I enjoy reading them but can't read them exclusively. They all seem to have the same story line so they become boring. They usually are good stories though.

Just about fnished with Moonlight Cove by Sherryl Woods. It is the second in the Chesapeake Shores. I like reading books that are in a series.

Ramona Byrd 05-09-2011 06:05 AM

I went through some years reading only Harlequins, but now am into mainly mysteries and Science Fiction. And of course the marvelous Amelia Peabody series, and am waiting for the next Anne McCaffree book (refuse to waste money on the ones written by her son, about as interesting as reading the newspaper) and soon we'll have a brand new Maggody book. They are hilarious stories about a town in Arkansas with a local family called Buchannon. I used to date a guy like that...Briefly, Very briefly.
Suddenly discovered that I much preferred someone higher on the food chain. Joan Hess, the author, has a wicked sense of humor.

lheartsl 05-09-2011 06:09 AM

yup.... steel, sandra brown,,,, are among my favorites....
but I have been branching out and reading others..
I have a night stand and an overflowing box in my closet, on my "to do List"

deedee75 05-09-2011 06:25 AM

I used to but I just don't have the time anymore. Yard sales were the only way I'd get them.

My friend in high school got me addicted to them and it took about 15 years to break the addiction. Now, I'd rather be "doing" something.

katiebear1 05-09-2011 01:17 PM

Harlequin books are just a little too "fluffy" for me. I love Mave Binchey, Jodi Picoult,Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Sophie Kinsella. I do love Debbie Mc Comber and Luanne Rice . I love "happily ever after books" Just not the ones you can get diabetes from reading. Please don't think I am putting down any one that reads the fluffy stuff. To each his own.And truth be told I did read a few when my kids( who are 38 and 40) were real little. They were my form of escape and I could read one during their afternoon naps LOL