Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Early: What did you get for Christmas thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/early-what-did-you-get-christmas-thread-t209185.html)

Dingle 12-24-2012 03:39 PM

Early: What did you get for Christmas thread

Ok everyone, I will start the thread to find out what everyone got for Christmas. I am 100% positive my Hubby got me nothing quilty for Christmas. Not even a gift card. So I'm going to enjoy everything everyone else got. Post a picture if you can.

nance-ell 12-24-2012 03:44 PM

I'm pretty sure I have nothing quilty from DH either.... but that's ok... I'm happy to buy my own quilty stuff! :) Can't wait to see what he did get me though.

rushdoggie 12-24-2012 04:12 PM

I got a Juki 2010Q machine...I got it last week so there's nothing to open under our tree but that is fine with me!

JanTx 12-24-2012 04:14 PM

We celebrate Christmas Adam so I already have my gifts. (Christmas Adam is our name for when we celebrate before Christmas Eve - because Adam came before Eve - ha, ha, ha!) Our kids are with the in-laws today so ... quiet sewing day around here.

From husband $100 gift card to Joann's. (I'd reather have had the same at my LQS, but I'll take it. He was with me when I almost threw up over the total bill there when I was buying fabric to make things for a bazaar.) From my mother $100 bill so will count that as a gift card for the LQS. Husband also gave me a house dress. I love it. This may be a very old-fashioned idea, but when I'm not in my work clothes I love to throw on something loose and comfortable. Didn't realize he knew how shabby what I currently have has gotten. He also gave me a small Ott light. I love it - it opens up and I've placed it right behind my sewing machine - a bit to the right to get out of the path of fabric. Didn't know he knew about Ott lights. Mother also gave me a new coffee pot - I'd asked for that. Daughter and her family gave me a framed picture of their family - the same picture I gave to my mother - and they gave to her also. Son-in-law's mother is fantastic photographer. When she posts a good one on Facebook, I save it and printed this one out from there. She's a 31 salesperson - very nice tote bags - and she gave me a large open bag just for my quilting things for workshops, etc, and a smaller matching one with outside pockets for quilting supplies. Daughter also gave me a coffee cup she'd painted with my two grandsons - using their fingerprints as part of the design. Cute!

So - I'm blessed and happy - if feeling a tiny bit blue at spending these two days without my kids. Very selfish, I know. Tomorrow my husband and I will take lunch to my mother and then go to a movie.

Tartan 12-24-2012 04:16 PM

​My son gave me a nice wood cupboard for organizing my fabric ( posted a picture in Mission Organization)

QuiltnNan 12-24-2012 04:24 PM

I get to spend Christmas day with my New York grandkids in the morning and my Minnesota grandkids in the evening :)

lynnie 12-24-2012 04:29 PM

Got two $15 gc for joanns from friends so far.

suebee 12-24-2012 04:30 PM

I actutally got mine a couple of weeks ago. I got a longarm, yippie!! I love it.

erstan947 12-24-2012 09:19 PM

My DH wants me to go and pick out a new office/sewing chair. :thumbup: My current one is dying a very slow death:(

Dolphyngyrl 12-24-2012 09:33 PM

insert for my gidget 2 to fit my new dreamweaver and a 50 dollar GC to joann's, a cross pen 2 journals, lots of chocalate.