Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   every get butt calls? excuse the language (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/every-get-butt-calls-excuse-language-t90661.html)

Hosta 01-15-2011 03:37 AM

last night at 11pm we get a call I could hear party noises in the background so I knew it had to be a butt call from my son sometimes they last 10 or 15 minutes I usually listen just to hear what he's talking about

sewTinker 01-15-2011 03:42 AM

I've gotten many purse calls from my daughter. They're always boring because I can only hear what her wallet sounds like bumping into her day planner. lol...

raptureready 01-15-2011 03:44 AM

Doesn't it make you wish you had a little zapper that you could attach to your phone so that you could give him a little shock to the rear? Just enough to make him jump all funny in front of his friends and then shut his phone off. Maybe you should keep a loud whistle nearby and blow it into the phone. After a few times of his friends saying "Hey man, your butt's whistling again." He'd be more careful. LOL

Airwick156 01-15-2011 03:45 AM

LOL. I haven't had a "butt" call, but I have had a "pocket" call.
Just a few months ago, my sister had put her cell phone in her pocket and she must have been leaning against the counter or something but my phone rings and it comes up as my sister and I thought "oh how cool shes calling me in the daytime" I rarely hear from her so I was a bit excited. Anyways, I can hear her talking to someone and alot of noise in the background, I kept saying "Hello Hello hello" and she wasnt answering me. So I would hang up the phone and wait a few minutes and she called me back and again the same thing. I could tell nothing was wrong because of what I was able to hear. So I called my mom and she called my sisters job just to tell her TO STOP CALLING me if she wasnt going to talk to me. LOL And thats how we found out it was her Pocket that kept calling me. lol

moonrise 01-15-2011 03:46 AM

ROFL! I've never heard them called that before, but it makes perfect sense! :lol:

Yep, my DH "butt calls" me ALL THE TIME. I answer, and either hear nothing at all, or hear him talking to his co-workers if he's at work. I usually just hang up, but sometimes I listen for a few minutes. ;) Although I haven't heard him say anything particularly interesting, I do mess with his head sometimes. "Oh, so I heard that Tommy (co-worker) bought a new car!" He can't figure out how I know! :mrgreen:

Usually it's only me that he calls, but he did "butt dial" (ROFL!) my late grandmother one morning at 5am. Although she knew who he was, it scared her because she thought something was wrong. He had her number memorized, so I made him delete her number from his phone so that he couldn't accidentally call her again.

Still giggling ... "butt calls"! :lol:

bjeriann 01-15-2011 04:07 AM

That happens with my son while he's at work as a security guard on 3rd shift. I have a whistle that I blow into the phone and it usually scares the scrap out of him because he's at a guard shack in the middle of no where. He always picks up to let me know that I scared him and I tell him it's payback for one of those things he has done that I don't need to know about.

Tropical 01-15-2011 04:43 AM

I have never gotten one of any kind. I did somehow send a purse call to my sil that showed up on her recorder. She called my DH to ask him if he got the cottage cheese he was supposed to get. We had gone to Walmart to pick up a few items. As soon as we got in the door, I reminded him he was to get the cottage cheese. We have no idea how the call turned up on her recorder because we have no ones' #s on our phone and we hadn't called her in quite a while. Technology- one never knows what it can do.

Shari1967 01-15-2011 05:06 AM

my husband does it all the time to me - drives me crazy!

brushandthimble 01-15-2011 05:11 AM

My son did it once late very late at night right when cell phones where getting popular. Took a long time to realise that is what it was, as I lay in bed for an hour waiting for another call.

thequiltmama 01-15-2011 05:22 AM

yep, I have had them done to me and I have done them. Now I lock my keypad when it is anywhere other than on my nightstand. I learned my lesson :-)