Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Glorious sight today!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/glorious-sight-today-t214759.html)

NikkiLu 02-24-2013 02:18 PM

Glorious sight today!!!

Thousands of geese flying straight north!!!!!!!!! So, spring must be right around the corner. DH was outside a lot this afternoon and kept coming to the door hollering for me to step out onto the porch/sidewalk to see the huge V's of geese flying/soaring north. It was very windy today with the wind coming from the south so they were taking advantage of the winds way up high.

Jingle 02-24-2013 03:34 PM

The wind was not blowing here and we saw no geese. The wild biirds have been singing alot most days this winter.

nativetexan 02-24-2013 04:30 PM

seriously, flying North? I think the geese here are still here. We just got a snow storm. really the first one for us! odd but true. I just paid my Comcast bill online because I'm not going anywhere tomorrow!

Joy.lynn 02-24-2013 08:11 PM

They better land and rest for a long while yet. We have more snow here than we have had for years and years!

NikkiLu 02-24-2013 08:17 PM

OH NO - wierd part is that we are expecting a horrible snow storm tomorrow night - but it is coming from the west and my DH said that these geese were going straight north so would not be flying into the storm. DH is outside a lot, being a farmer, and said that he has never seen so many geese in one day in his life. Thought that in one "V" there was a thousand birds.

Originally Posted by Joy.lynn (Post 5886181)
They better land and rest for a long while yet. We have more snow here than we have had for years and years!

Caswews 02-25-2013 04:55 AM

<on knees praying> PLEASE hurry up and get here Spring !LOL Now someone help me up !LOL

Stitchit123 02-25-2013 05:15 AM

I've been seeing clusters of small V formations this past week. And a friend of mine that lives in Troy,Mo. seen a Robin Sunday morning while chopping ice at the end of his driveway. I can't wait til spring gets here.I want to dig in the dirt : )

Steady Stiching 02-25-2013 05:58 AM

Yay!!! I've been telling eveyone for weeks....spring is just around the corner (as we shovel thiis snowfalll and that snowfall) and they all laugh at me.....We really are at the tail end of winter. Time to start sewing tulips ladies!!!

coopah 02-25-2013 06:06 AM

We have seen robins twice. The first time was before Nemo, and then again we saw a group of over 10 yesterday. So we think they are on their way North. It's a good sign. :-)

quilt queen 02-25-2013 06:19 AM

Here in Central Texas we are waiting for the Martins to arrive, when I hear their sweet noise..I know that Spring has finally come...but we have been so blessed this year, the month of February we have beautiful days, sometime the temp has gone to 80 deg...it sure makes a person want to dig in the dirt...but still too early for planting, but not for cleaning beds..what fun!