Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Goodies galore!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/goodies-galore-t205239.html)

Chasing Hawk 11-05-2012 11:21 PM

Goodies galore!!!

4 Attachment(s)
Last Friday (Nov.2nd) was my b-day.......I turned 50 .......looks around..*whispers* hubby thinks I am 29. :)

Well he spoiled me once again. And I am not ashamed to say so, he does this often.
Anyways, we went to the computer store to have his computer built. He surprised me by telling the tech to build me one too! So now I have a new custom built computer coming on Friday. We stopped at Hancock's on Saturday and he savagely threw me into the store with my visa card tied to my finger. I swear!!! And I was instructed to buy fabric...oh the horror of it all, surrounded by hundreds of bolts of fabric. And I was expected to choose some of it to take home !!!
After managed to drag myself out of the store, we were off to the Olive Garden for a b-day dinner. And being the practical one (between the cat and i) I got a new vacuum also. I don't expect Kola to use it anytime soon. She would rather lay on the back of the recliner and stare at it until her eyelids got to heavy.

Now for the pictures of my shopping ordeal. The 3rd picture shows my favorite fabric choices. I am thinking maybe a churn and dash and a 9 patch combo.

p.s.
I would have posted sooner but the internet was out all weekend. They just finished working on it around 10 this evening. They were in and out the door for 6 hours!!

gramajo 11-06-2012 03:06 AM

Ooh, lucky you, wonderful husband to spoil you so. He's definitely a keeper.

auntpiggylpn 11-06-2012 03:39 AM

What a wonderful birthday you must have had! Your fabrics are delicious! Can't wait to see what beautiful things you make from them! My birthday is a week from Wednesday and I am being whisked off for a day of fabric and antique shopping in Shipshewanna. I didn't get to choose this expedition, it was chosen for me; however, I will not have to be dragged, kicking and screaming!!!

Tartan 11-06-2012 06:00 AM

Congratulations on a wonderful birthday even though it was the big 50.:)

QuiltnNan 11-06-2012 06:06 AM

what a lucky gal you are! and a belated happy birthday to you

Jingle 11-06-2012 07:01 AM

Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like it was a great one. You picked some beautiful fabrics.

Delta 11-06-2012 07:09 AM

Will you Rent him out pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezs. I am sure a bunch of us would appreciate it.:thumbup::D

Chasing Hawk 11-06-2012 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Delta (Post 5638706)
Will you Rent him out pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezs. I am sure a bunch of us would appreciate it.:thumbup::D

Sorry, he is not for rent nor for sale.
:)

Chasing Hawk 11-06-2012 07:50 AM

Thank you all for the b-day wishes!

Grandma Peg 11-06-2012 07:54 AM

Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, good for you!!