Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goodies galore!!!

Goodies galore!!!

Last Friday (Nov.2nd) was my b-day.......I turned 50 .......looks around..*whispers* hubby thinks I am 29.

Well he spoiled me once again. And I am not ashamed to say so, he does this often.
    Anyways, we went to the computer store to have his computer built. He surprised me by telling the tech to build me one too! So now I have a new custom built computer coming on Friday. We stopped at Hancock's on Saturday and he savagely threw me into the store with my visa card tied to my finger. I swear!!! And I was instructed to buy fabric...oh the horror of it all, surrounded by hundreds of bolts of fabric. And I was expected to choose some of it to take home !!!
    After managed to drag myself out of the store, we were off to the Olive Garden for a b-day dinner. And being the practical one (between the cat and i) I got a new vacuum also. I don't expect Kola to use it anytime soon. She would rather lay on the back of the recliner and stare at it until her eyelids got to heavy.

Now for the pictures of my shopping ordeal. The 3rd picture shows my favorite fabric choices. I am thinking maybe a churn and dash and a 9 patch combo.

p.s.
    I would have posted sooner but the internet was out all weekend. They just finished working on it around 10 this evening. They were in and out the door for 6 hours!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Ooh, lucky you, wonderful husband to spoil you so. He's definitely a keeper.

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful birthday you must have had! Your fabrics are delicious! Can't wait to see what beautiful things you make from them! My birthday is a week from Wednesday and I am being whisked off for a day of fabric and antique shopping in Shipshewanna. I didn't get to choose this expedition, it was chosen for me; however, I will not have to be dragged, kicking and screaming!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Power Poster
    Congratulations on a wonderful birthday even though it was the big 50.

Blog Entries
    what a lucky gal you are! and a belated happy birthday to you
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Happy Belated Birthday. Sounds like it was a great one. You picked some beautiful fabrics.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Will you Rent him out pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezs. I am sure a bunch of us would appreciate it.
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    Will you Rent him out pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezs. I am sure a bunch of us would appreciate it.
    Sorry, he is not for rent nor for sale.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Thank you all for the b-day wishes!

Power Poster
    Happy belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful day, good for you!!

Blog Entries
    Am so sorry to hear that you "got thrown" in that awful pit of fabric!! And you had to "make a decision" on a new computer!! And you had to be forced to eat a birthday dinner. Such a sad, sad day for you.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Hubby....Keep him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
    Am so sorry to hear that you "got thrown" in that awful pit of fabric!! And you had to "make a decision" on a new computer!! And you had to be forced to eat a birthday dinner. Such a sad, sad day for you.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Hubby....Keep him!!!
    I know, what a way to be treated. I have to go through this on a monthly basis....getting thrown into a fabric store, taken to dinner. New computers come around every 4 to 5 years.....lol

oh and the vacuum.....Kola says no comment........haha

Blog Entries
    What a lucky girl you are !!! Congratulations and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

My birthday is next month, do you suppose you could have your husband talk to my husband? LOL, good for you enjoy all you have received, you surely deserve it!
    Aronel aka Lee

Blog Entries
    Oh you really made me miss my dh he has been gone now for almost 6 years and I miss him everyday. He alsways treated me like a queen and supported my expensive hobbies, funny whem he was alive I never quilted my sister in law did and he always said why don't you start quilting. Saturday was my bd I took myself to a beed show and bought way to much then out to eat followed by a fabric shopping spree. Don't really have the money but how often do you have a bd anyway that was my therapy for turning 67. Things will be pretty tight for a month or so but I did enjoy myself. Sure do miss dh

Quote Originally Posted by sassey View Post
    Oh you really made me miss my dh he has been gone now for almost 6 years and I miss him everyday. He alsways treated me like a queen and supported my expensive hobbies, funny whem he was alive I never quilted my sister in law did and he always said why don't you start quilting. Saturday was my bd I took myself to a beed show and bought way to much then out to eat followed by a fabric shopping spree. Don't really have the money but how often do you have a bd anyway that was my therapy for turning 67. Things will be pretty tight for a month or so but I did enjoy myself. Sure do miss dh
    Hugs to you, sassey. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday.

Better late than never - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Sounds like you have a wonderful husband and your birthday was definitely nice!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Happy Birthday Chasing .. Sounds like it was a really good one !! Love the material-cannot wait to see what you make out them ...
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

HAPPY 50! Enjoy all that beautiful fabric.

I love hearing about your birthdays - I recall that your husband has spoiled you in the past with grand birthdays filled with shopping for fabric and or sewing machines and such. What a great hubby to spoil you so - Happy 29th (wink, wink) - I have been celebrating my 25th Birthday for the last 22 years - and I am lucky to have a hubby that spoils me too.
    Sounds like you had the perfect birthday again.

I like the way your husband thiunks. for my 70th and 50th anniversary we went to China. No fabric shops or quilt shows were included in the trip.

Thank you Ladies for the lovely posts and warm wishes.

Isn't it wonderful to have a DH who believes in you! That is what your DH said through actions for & to you!!!
    Carolyn

O.K. if he is not for rent,,,then is he willing to give classes???

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday, love all the fabrics you chose and your very blessed to have a hubby that treats you well.
    will quilt 4EVER

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast