Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Great Annoyance With Windex... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/great-annoyance-windex-t35047.html)

Alu_Rathbone 01-24-2010 09:35 PM

I could use scraps... theres white, blue, green, and a purplish red (like magenta) theres also pink in there too! lol...

dglvr 01-24-2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Alu_Rathbone
I could use scraps... theres white, blue, green, and a purplish red (like magenta) theres also pink in there too! lol...

Can you post a picture of colors you'll need?

Alu_Rathbone 01-24-2010 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This are the actual fabric colors of the quilt i was making... it was from a kit that I had recieved... I'm going to try and get my mom to let me buy another off ebay... the blue squares have dashed diamond like shape to it... and littel tiny whit flowers...

I'll know by tomorrow what I was able to save...

Sheila Elaine 01-24-2010 11:28 PM

Alu, when you have a spill, get the fabric into cold water as soon as possible. Windex has a bleach type solution that saps color right out & the longer it stays in, esp in a plastic bag or close together the more color bleeds out.

Alu_Rathbone 01-24-2010 11:33 PM

The bag it was in was what I was storing it in... for protection... and we see where that lead... haha, my own fault there... I didn't find it till this evening... But i was lucky, I only lost a row... so I'll improvise... change up the center... and stuff... make it into the baby quilt for my sister... hopefully she has a girl... like the doctor said she will! I'll get one of those already made quilt blocks and add the border... cause I'm pressed for time this next month I can really only complete the one i have now... after I wash it...

nativetexan 01-25-2010 07:54 AM

oh i feel for you. i recently picked up a bottle of fireplace cleaner and it was empty. my sideboard top was ruined!! it had over flowed or soemthing.

littlehud 01-31-2010 10:32 PM

I had no idea Windex could do that.

Alu_Rathbone 02-01-2010 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I had no idea Windex could do that.

It only destroyed the one row, the rest I can get in the wash... so what I'm going to do is just make two quilted pillow cases and stash the scraps for later use.

May in Jersey 02-01-2010 09:54 AM

Been there. Had a pair of cotton pants hanging on bathroom towel rack, needed to clean glass covered pictures hanging above the towel rack so I sprayed them with Windex. Later found that the Windex spray had gotten on the pants and left white spots. Now I'm very careful whenever I use any kind of spray, never know what kind of damage it can do. May in Jersey

Olivia's Grammy 02-01-2010 04:35 PM

I sprayed my hair with mirror cleaner this morning. Didn't seem to hurt the hair. Hope when I wash it in the am it doesn't all fall out :lol: