Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Hair removal (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/hair-removal-t204001.html)

susanwilley 10-23-2012 03:03 AM

Hair removal

Has ony one here used creams or lotions to remove facial hair? I bought Loreals facial hair remover a month or so and haven't used it yet. I'm worried that if I use it my "mustache" will grow back darker and thicker. Is this something that I will have to do constantly because it will be more noticable? What I have is bad enough without making it darker.
Thanks for any feedback and suggestions , I really need some help here!

alwayslearning 10-23-2012 03:44 AM

It will grow back, but not necessarily darker and/or thicker. I tried waxing in a salon once and started to blister immediately. I was screaming in pain and she tried to keep going. I used also bleach, but now just use a hand razor. The hair on my lip now is mostly soft and not hard to handle. I am now in my mid 60's and have had this problem for 50 years.

landers1 10-23-2012 04:04 AM

I use the cream, mine comes back dark.

clean 10-23-2012 05:47 AM

It won't come in thicker or darker, but I just use a razor as well. If you get a good one and shave everyday that is the easiest way to go. After I put lotion on my face in the morning I just get the razor wet and shave where it needs to be shaved.

Learner747 10-23-2012 07:51 AM

I have used the facial hair remover for 25 years and the hair eventually comes in lighter. There are a few rogue hairs which come in black and I use a tweezers on them.

scisyb220 10-23-2012 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by susanwilley (Post 5605728)
Has ony one here used creams or lotions to remove facial hair? I bought Loreals facial hair remover a month or so and haven't used it yet. I'm worried that if I use it my "mustache" will grow back darker and thicker. Is this something that I will have to do constantly because it will be more noticable? What I have is bad enough without making it darker.
Thanks for any feedback and suggestions , I really need some help here!

I have used this product, along as many others, for facial hair removal. No, your hair doesn't grow back thicker or darker, it just grows back. However, this wonderful thing about this particular product is that your skin is protected by the waxy application prior to putting on the hair remover. I liked the end result & how my skin didn't break out or chafe from the hair remover. Give it a try. It's a fairly quick process and if you aren't satisfied with the results, try another method. I prefer using a hot(liquid) wax method. But for others, they like using the cream remover. Good luck.

akisan 10-23-2012 10:18 AM

I'vew never tried any of those. Although because of the expense in going to a salon, I'm contemplating on waxing facial hair myself.

aronel 10-23-2012 12:42 PM

I just pluck the dark hairs and leave the lighter ones alone, I've noticed that eventually they start coming in lighter and then seem to go away. I also use the wax strips that you can purchase at most Walmart's - K-Mart - Walgreens, etc. I don't shave my face, because I don't want to give my dear grandchildren beard burn. JMHO.

Stitchnripper 10-23-2012 01:36 PM

After years of using wax and creams I never found the hairs grew back darker or thicker. Now that I am older I notice that there are less of the facial hairs and I pluck the big ones on my chin. I have one of those lighted 10X magnification mirrors. The fine stuff on my cheeks I just leave.

Peckish 10-23-2012 01:48 PM

I get mine waxed off. It's not that expensive - the kits you buy at the drugstore are what, $2 or $3? I get my moustache waxed for $6. It lasts a couple of months, I use tweezers on hair that shows up between visits. I get it done at the same time & place as my pedicures. They do a much better job than I do with the drugstore kits.