Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I want to thank Ditter...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-want-thank-ditter-t131345.html)

jdiane318 06-17-2011 09:34 PM

I am not a fan of wearing a seatbelt. I will on occasion but after reading some comments that wise ole Ditter posted, I have become more vigilant about wearing my seatbelt. The comment that caught my attention was 'If you think seatbelts are confining, how about a wheelchair?'. I remember that comment everytime I get in my vehicle. And if I don't put on my seatbelt right away, a small voice keeps repeating the comment about the wheelchair until I do snap it in place. Thanks you Ditter.

crafty_linda_b 06-17-2011 09:37 PM

I am a seat belt advocate..I used to tell my kids that the car wouldn't start til everyone was buckled up!!
crafty_linda_b

jemma 06-17-2011 09:42 PM

wise owl ditter and full of laughs too--love her joy of life

craftybear 06-17-2011 10:25 PM

yes, be sure to buckle up

adorabowe 06-17-2011 10:56 PM

I have never gone without a seatbelt in my entire life and would feel extremely unsafe without one! As well as the fact I'd likely lose my licence. But so glad you are making an effort!

wolfkitty 06-17-2011 11:13 PM

Some states have laws requiring seat belts to be worn. One comment that got me to wear them all the time came from a policeman, who said, "I've never unbuckled a dead person." While I do believe that people wearing seat belts do occasionally die in accidents, I also believe that wearing them saves many, many more lives and serious injuries than not wearing them does. What possible good can come from flying around loose inside a speedily rolling, bouncing out of control and crashing automobile, or being thrown from the same?

sueisallaboutquilts 06-18-2011 02:22 AM

In this day and age you'd think that wearing a seat belt is a no-brainer, right??
Well, in my entire family the only person who won't use one is my husband. He's even been ticketed for it.
Stubborn??? Hmmm...............

quilticing 06-18-2011 02:39 AM

And the motorcycle helmet law? Forty years ago my nurse cousin worked for hours cleaning gravel from the scalp of an injured person. What made her mad was he died after all.

dakotamaid 06-18-2011 02:42 AM

I never wore seat belts at all in my younger days (some vehicles than didn't even have them) but one day shortly after I got married I got in my car for a 3 mile trip to work and for some unforeseen reason I belted up. Short story, I totaled that car that morning and walked away under my own steam. No question who was in charge that morning and I thank him by always belting up.

ptquilts 06-18-2011 02:51 AM

I was in my early 20's and took a test at a health fair about your risks of dying from different things. It said my biggest risk was dying in a car crash. Now I always buckle up. I feel "loose" if I don't have that belt on.

Even DH buckles up, he never believed in it but the new laws have him afraid of getting a ticket. Too cheap to pay a fine for something he can prevent.