Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Ipad world (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/ipad-world-t211283.html)

sewmany 01-18-2013 05:26 AM

Ipad world

I just wanted to share my experience about my ipad. I got an ipad for christmas. But until now, i was not doing anything else with it but what i was doing in my computer. That is checking my sites,emails and googling.
Lately, i ventured to the world of the App store. Amazingly, found lot of educational things FOR FREE. (But still need be aware of those who sneak in for you to purchase.)
the app i am enjoying with while quilting is the (free ) pandora. Selective favorite musics.
favorite vocabulary learning is LSATSKY.

Does anyone else have a favorite they like to share.? I am dilettante to the ipad world.

Dragonomine 01-18-2013 05:32 AM

I LOVE Pandora! I use it a lot. I also play games on Pogo. Lots of time wasters there. lol Then I browse on Etsy to see what crafty things are going for and Pinterest for recipes and DIY ideas and of course facebook. There are a lot of free apps everywhere!

(hope I didn't break any rules for naming a few sites)

Tartan 01-18-2013 06:29 AM

I have the Missouri Star Quilt Ap on my iPad. It lets me watch Jenny's videos faster and I love it. I play Words with friends and of course use it for QB. I can take pictures of my sewing with my iPad and easily post them on QB too (something I could not do on my regular computer)

EllieGirl 01-18-2013 07:40 AM

I have an app for my bank, the local library, games for my grandkids to play. I use Twitter, actually get a lot of news from there. If you have a Kindle there are apps for the iPad and iPhone both. There are free apps for logging food and exercise if you do that.

Maggiemay 01-18-2013 07:44 AM

One of my favorite apps is "Overdrive". You can check out digital books from your library & download them to your IPad for the lending period. You need a library card to use it. I also take screen shots of recipes & quilts & make albums out of them in the photos section. This way when you want to see them you don't need Internet access like you do with different recipe sites & Pinterest.

nativetexan 01-18-2013 07:52 AM

since the pics posted with phones or Ipads show up here on their sides, would it change things if you took the photo sideways so it would show right side up in here? Just wondering. they should fix that some day.

Tartan 01-18-2013 08:51 AM

For pictures to show up on QB the right way, you take the picture with the iPad horizontal not vertical. It puts the picture in your camera roll. You open a new thread, type in your text and click on the tiny paper clip to manage attachments. The little box will come up and you choose from existing, click on the picture from your camera roll, click upload, click submit and voila!

sewmany 01-18-2013 07:54 PM

Wow just download some suggest apps. Thank you. Will be trying posting pictures in QB.

TanyaL 01-19-2013 05:22 AM

my favorite thing is to have my Kindle books sent to my Ipad. The screen is so much larger on the Ipad that I prefer reading on it more than on my Ipad. I also like watch Netflix on it when sports is on the TVs in the house.

RIDGEFIELD 01-20-2013 06:23 AM

A couple of favorites of mine are Quilt Calculator and Block Fab-HD.