Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   June weight loss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/june-weight-loss-t247544.html)

KalamaQuilts 06-01-2014 06:55 AM

Pam H. I think you need to be a member of facebook for that link to work. Sounds interesting though.

CindyA, yoga literally changed my life. A type of exercise anyone can do. You will build a lot of strength in your arms, and will be able to do and enjoy Sun Salutations. I can do more Plank Pose (push ups) now at 62 then I could do in high school PE classes. I got failed one year because I could only do three :)

My fit bit tells me I've only done 300 steps this morning, time to get a move on. 8 am and daylight is burning as my husband would say.

Purl 06-01-2014 01:30 PM

I'm in. Fat quarter is on it's way! I already feel more confident knowing I'm not the only one with traitorous joints!

KalamaQuilts 06-01-2014 03:55 PM

11341 fitbit steps today...did 1/3 of the lawn. Our lawn is enormous but I love mowing it. I used to love walking our hill but there are so many people I don't know and twice loose dogs have knocked me down. So now I do my stepping behind the mower :)

Teddybear Lady 06-02-2014 09:56 AM

I sent you a PM for my May weight loss. I'm in again for June. You have my FQ already.

Debbie

meanmom 06-02-2014 02:54 PM

Wow it sounds like we have a pretty big group this month. Lots of new people. Good luck to all. I went to the doctor today for my post surgery visit. He said it looks good all things considered. I still need to use one crutch. I found out why it was bothering me so much. There was a 2 cm chunk of bone and several other smaller chunk floating around in there. Plus a torn meniscus and several other things. No wonder I could hardly walk. He was surprised I could do as much as I was. I start PT tomorrow. He said it would take a month or so for things to get back to more normal.

Susanna10 06-02-2014 05:49 PM

I received the beautiful yellow/orange eye candy fat quarters for my 5 lb. lose in April. May - I gained 1 lb. Now a new month and I went shopping today and bought a lot of veggies for salad.

I had 2 birthdays, 50th class reunion, Mothers Day, Memorial Day last month. Glad it was just 1 lb.

CindyA 06-03-2014 12:56 PM

Pat, are you already back at work? I thought you'd really be laid up for quite a while.

School is not out for us until almost the end of June! Wish the kids could enjoy playing outside all day NOW before it gets hotter and more humid.

meanmom 06-03-2014 03:13 PM

I started back to school yesterday. My leg was killing me last night. I do quite a bit of walking at school going from classroom to classroom. I need a fitbit to see how many steps I do. That is next on my list of things I need.
My leg was throbbing last night. I took the heavy duty meds before bed. My shin was cramping up too. I asked the PT about it and she said it was from walking differently than I was used to. Hopefully it will be better tonight. It was hot and humid at school today. My undergarments were wet by the time I left work. It was gross. The people in the board office tell us it isn't that bad. They sit in AC all day.The AC in the teacher lounge broke and they claimed they couldn't afford a new one for us. The lounge has one small window way up high and we can't open the door as it is right across from the cafeteria. The principal told them we would all walk out if we didn't get one. We finally got one. School end June 13.
I am missing the field trip tomorrow to the aquarium. It is one I wanted to go on. I am staying back and grading papers and making copies etc. My school is K,1,2 grades. Most of the kids will be gone. K is going to farm and 2 is going to the aquarium. Hopefully it will be a quiet day.
I need some new Ideas for breakfast. My nutritionist has my very limited on bread type of carb. I just am not coming up with good ideas.

Pam H 06-03-2014 03:40 PM

A big welcome to all our new members!
Good plan, Pat, to skip the field trip tomorrow.
If you are having trouble fitting exercise into your schedule, here is what worked for this gal.
http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.co...rcise-a-habit/

silverfoxmag 06-04-2014 06:39 AM

Pat, I mailed my June FQ yesterday. Marie