Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just have to laugh.. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-have-laugh-t214022.html)

beckyboo1 02-16-2013 06:44 PM

Just have to laugh..

I haven't worked on a quilt in ages so tonight I finally cut out strips to make a baby quilt. I found a basket that the strips would fit into well just so I could set them out of the way for a bit. So here comes Gracie the kitty. She has never paid attention to said basket until now. I find her curled up on the fabric in the basket. So I said fine, I'll move the fabric and you can have the basket. I laid the strips out on the table, sew a few strips together, look up ...and you guessed it...she no longer wants the basket, she is now laying on the strips I have on the table LOL Gotta love my fur babies but sometimes they are aggravating lol

Becky

HouseDragon 02-16-2013 06:53 PM

Gracie wants a quilt! Obviously she's chosen her colours. :)

EvelynJ 02-16-2013 06:53 PM

Becky, I know exactly how you feel. Our kitten Hide was lying on a pile of old, faded, or torn jeans last night as I was trying to cut the usable pieces to make a Log Cabin and Yellow Brick Road. Until they were sitting in the living room with me Hide never went near them! Little devils!! I love our Hidey Hide but yes he can be aggravating. LOL

Chasing Hawk 02-16-2013 07:16 PM

This is why I shut my sewing room door when I have a project laying around. She seems to think that her fur MUST be all over everything. She used to use my Long Arm frame for a hammock when I had a quilt loaded up on it. She was mad for awhile when I replaced the frame for a table my Bailey 15 now sits in.

auntpiggylpn 02-16-2013 07:43 PM

My Lily is the same way. Before I put my fabrics on boards, she used to lay on one of my shelves. (See my avatar) If I have fabric layed out for some reason, she has to lay on it. I finally got a cheap wicker laundry basket and threw some fabric in it that I know that I will never use and now that is where she lays when she is in my sewing room. If she is crawling on my cutting table or the ironing board, I will just drop her into her basket and she curls up and goes to sleep. That cheap ole basket has saved me a lot of frustration (and Lily isn't getting yelled at anymore!)

Dina 02-16-2013 08:15 PM

Great stories. I wouldn't want to sew without my quilt inspectors. :)

Dina

KwiltyKahy 02-16-2013 08:44 PM

Sounds like Gracie wants a quilt

beckyboo1 02-17-2013 06:23 AM

I made my first quilt for the dog I had at that time, maybe you are right and Gracie needs her own....but she'd probably prefer a pile of strips LOL

francie yuhas 02-17-2013 09:31 AM

Our fur babies are special..Ashley,the bob- tailed Siamese,sits behind the sewing machine and inspects each piece as it come through,gotta watch the paws don't help too much!

beckyboo1 02-17-2013 07:36 PM

Francie, Gracie does that at times too. Then she move around and lay on whatever has come out if I don't move it fast enough. Keeps me laughing lol