Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Just have to laugh..

Just have to laugh..

I haven't worked on a quilt in ages so tonight I finally cut out strips to make a baby quilt. I found a basket that the strips would fit into well just so I could set them out of the way for a bit. So here comes Gracie the kitty. She has never paid attention to said basket until now. I find her curled up on the fabric in the basket. So I said fine, I'll move the fabric and you can have the basket. I laid the strips out on the table, sew a few strips together, look up ...and you guessed it...she no longer wants the basket, she is now laying on the strips I have on the table LOL Gotta love my fur babies but sometimes they are aggravating lol

Becky

Gracie wants a quilt! Obviously she's chosen her colours.
    If life gives you lemons, make Limoncello!

Becky, I know exactly how you feel. Our kitten Hide was lying on a pile of old, faded, or torn jeans last night as I was trying to cut the usable pieces to make a Log Cabin and Yellow Brick Road. Until they were sitting in the living room with me Hide never went near them! Little devils!! I love our Hidey Hide but yes he can be aggravating. LOL

This is why I shut my sewing room door when I have a project laying around. She seems to think that her fur MUST be all over everything. She used to use my Long Arm frame for a hammock when I had a quilt loaded up on it. She was mad for awhile when I replaced the frame for a table my Bailey 15 now sits in.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    My Lily is the same way. Before I put my fabrics on boards, she used to lay on one of my shelves. (See my avatar) If I have fabric layed out for some reason, she has to lay on it. I finally got a cheap wicker laundry basket and threw some fabric in it that I know that I will never use and now that is where she lays when she is in my sewing room. If she is crawling on my cutting table or the ironing board, I will just drop her into her basket and she curls up and goes to sleep. That cheap ole basket has saved me a lot of frustration (and Lily isn't getting yelled at anymore!)
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Great stories. I wouldn't want to sew without my quilt inspectors.

Dina

Sounds like Gracie wants a quilt

I made my first quilt for the dog I had at that time, maybe you are right and Gracie needs her own....but she'd probably prefer a pile of strips LOL

Blog Entries
    Our fur babies are special..Ashley,the bob- tailed Siamese,sits behind the sewing machine and inspects each piece as it come through,gotta watch the paws don't help too much!

Francie, Gracie does that at times too. Then she move around and lay on whatever has come out if I don't move it fast enough. Keeps me laughing lol

Silly me I am making quilts for my dogs right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseDragon View Post
    Gracie wants a quilt! Obviously she's chosen her colours.

Yeah, another Borzoi owner on the Board?

Blog Entries
    i put a cat bed attached to my window and above the heater for my ancient cat simon. he's a talker and he always asks me where i'm going to be so he can be with me. he isn't interested in any of my fabric, just my company. i made a small quilt to cover his hanging bed, and he loves it. the dogs have quilts on the floor made just for them, but they like the sofa even more. pure joy for them is a blanket or quilt on the sofa or floor that they can make into a nest. they also have floor pillows they can sleep on. neither one is interested in my quilts. the only exception is tiger. he insisted on sleeping on my son's quilt whenever i wasn't working on it. he hasn't shown any interest in other quilts. i must obviously, be doing something wrong! LOL
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.