Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Just a warning if you wear Crocs or similar shoes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/just-warning-if-you-wear-crocs-similar-shoes-t56103.html)

lilpoohbearie 07-24-2010 06:59 PM

I have a pair of crocs the rubber shoes I only wear them outside or to the store. Well 2 days ago I gased up my car and didn't notice but I must have stepped in some gas or road oil. I didn't think much of it since I went straight home and they seemed fine. Well just like our roads get when you have a dry spell and then it rains (ok maybe in just in Washington) you have ice rinks with no ice the shoes turn into ice skates. Today I took my son outside to play in the water it was really hot here I went back into my garage and well let's just say if I had been caught on camera I would have won $10,000. I really would have never thought of be extra cautious with these shoes. I know you are not to wear them on an escalator but man can they get slippery if you have stepped in oil or gas.
I am fine my hip took most of the fall and good thing it is the most cushioned :oops: Anyways take care!

lovequilts 07-24-2010 07:10 PM

I love my Crocs but you do have to be careful when the "tread" on the bottom get warn down. I've worn Crocs for years and love them.

CarrieAnne 07-24-2010 07:10 PM

OUCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH! I am so glad youre okay! Crocs looks so comfy, I've been tempted to get them!

Tink's Mom 07-24-2010 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
I love my Crocs but you do have to be careful when the "tread" on the bottom get warn down. I've worn Crocs for years and love them.

I wear them almost all the time...and when they get worn down, they can be a bit slippery...I figure that since they make my back feel better...I'm willing to take a bit of a chance with them...

littlehud 07-24-2010 07:17 PM

I wore mine for work for almost three years. You do have to watch if the tread gets worn down.

DebraK 07-24-2010 07:19 PM

think about what you wear. Plastic is easily compromised, so it leather. Wear an appropriate choice. I am recovering from a barefoot accident that happened in my bathroom.

Rosyhf 07-24-2010 07:58 PM

I am ever so careful and pay good atterntion.

lilpoohbearie 07-24-2010 08:11 PM

How ironic that the ad on the bottom of this thread is for Croc shoes! Mine were new didn't think how the shoes pick up oils from the ground.

KarenSimon 07-24-2010 08:27 PM

I've been wearing Crocs for years. I rarely wear 'real' shoes. I will be cautious. Crocs are SOOOO comfortable. As a diabetic I need to wear comfortable shoes.

Ditter43 07-24-2010 09:57 PM

I think almost any shoes with oil on the soles might cause you to "hydroplane" on a wet surface. I have a lot of back problems and crocs have been a life saver for me. I can really tell a difference between how I feel when I wear any other shoes for a day, and how I feel when I wear crocs. I have bought several pairs and when the tread starts to disappear, I figure they are ready to be replaced. I have noticed a lot of people in the medical field wear them to work . When you are on your feet all day, it makes a big difference. If I ever found out they were being discontinued, I'd try to buy a lifetime supply! :thumbup: