Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   mad at e bay (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mad-e-bay-t87746.html)

sueisallaboutquilts 01-05-2011 09:53 AM

PT quilts is right on this.
My post was about a seller telling a buyer they aren't responsible. Of course I don't know anything but what Jean said. I have always thought whether I'm buying or selling that a negative is ONLY to be used as a last resort.
We sellers work hard for those stars and positives and some folks don't realize just what goes into selling. And the post office can be a PITA!! :D

Jean- I hope you keep us posted. I've gotten fantastic fabrics, patterns,etc on Ebay. There are many wonderful sellers!!

ptquilts 01-05-2011 10:00 AM

I agree, it burns my behind to get a neg from a buyer who has not communicated with me AT ALL beforehand. If you have a problem, email me and we can work it out. I want happy customers. I think most sellers feel the same way.

sueisallaboutquilts 01-05-2011 10:03 AM

You know, pt, I hate to jinx myself but I have 100% fb- watch I'll get dinged today!! hahaha
You are so right- I'm always willing to work things out and once in awhile things go wrong. You just never know who you're dealing with. That's what bugs me.
A lot of my buyers don't leave any fb or I get glowing fb. Who knows ?? I recently had a person who told me the fragrance I sent her smelled horrible. I refunded her, with no questions, but I have another one just like it that smells great. It's just not worth the hassle to make her send it back.
BUT- she didn't neg me and I thanked her for writing first but I never got a thank you at all, nothing. Oh well :)
But it's life and we just have to do our best :D

Ditter43 01-05-2011 10:16 AM

My DH mailed out a package before Christmas and it took 17 days. The PO says during Christmas this can happen. I bought my pattern from ebay and got it within a week. Sorry you are having this problem! :|

Tsanchez 01-05-2011 02:39 PM

I'm the same way when it comes to working things out. I make custom quilts and wall hangings. When ordered, I give them a date of when they can expect completion. If I am running behind for any reason, I am up front with my customers. I then let them know when their order is completed, when shipped, and I request a follow up message when they receive it. When the PO says delivery within 7-10 business days, I then check with the customer 11 days after shipping if I have not received a message advising they have got the package.

jackkip 01-05-2011 02:47 PM

I hate when Sellers hold the buyer's feedback hostage. I have had several times after I had paid, that I recieved an email that states: "you will recieve positive feedback after you(the buyer) has left me positive feedback."

I am sorry, but this is so wrong. I have completed my half of the transaction. So is my feedback contingent on what type of feedback I leave.

When I do recieve those emails, I refuse to leave any type of feedback and will complain to the seller. This is not how Ebay should work. It is one of the main reasons I rarely buy from there. :(

FancyFoot 01-05-2011 02:55 PM

Maybe your mailman delivered it to the wrong address. It happened to me & the Post Office boss made the mailman pay me for my loss & his mistake. I received a postal money order for $130.

qwkslver 01-05-2011 02:58 PM

I hate ebay. I bought a CD once for $10, she didn't send it, admitted so. Ebay said they closed her account. Wow, big deal. I was out ten bucks.

ptquilts 01-05-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by jackkip
I hate when Sellers hold the buyer's feedback hostage. I have had several times after I had paid, that I recieved an email that states: "you will recieve positive feedback after you(the buyer) has left me positive feedback."

I am sorry, but this is so wrong. I have completed my half of the transaction. So is my feedback contingent on what type of feedback I leave.

When I do recieve those emails, I refuse to leave any type of feedback and will complain to the seller. This is not how Ebay should work. It is one of the main reasons I rarely buy from there. :(

I am sorry but this is the way I usually work. Have you ever sold anything, and then had a PITA buyer who tries to get a partial refund by complaining about some non-existent flaw? It happens a LOT on ebay. The buyer can also complain and supposedly send your item back, but they can send back ANYTHING and ebay/PP will refund them. I can't tell you how many times I have read on the message boards at ebay about someone selling a designer purse and getting back a Kmart special. Then the buyer has the real purse and the money. I bet the seller would feel really stupid if they had left positive feedback FIRST for that buyer.
When I get FB from the buyer, I know they got the item and are happy with it, and the transaction is complete. Then I leave FB.

Linda1 01-05-2011 03:33 PM

We have ordered many items off Ebay and we have had a problem twice. One time my order went to the wrong address(not my fault). I got a call from someone in Hungary telling me there was a package with my name, address, credit card number and phone number inside. This package was going to someone in Bulgaria with $286.00 worth of merchandise. She was an honest person. I was very thankful to her. I had to cancel my credit card and got that charge removed. There are a lot of dishonest people everywhere but there a also a lot of honest ones. I didn't order anything for a long time from Ebay. The only other time we had a problem was this last December. It took 13 days for an item for a car part to get here.