Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Mouse (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/mouse-t169931.html)

Brandi 11-26-2011 02:09 PM

Mouse

How is the fastest way to get rid of a mouse? I have put decon out and he hasn't eaten it yet. He likes to walk across my competer desk. He is a brave little thing. Please help me.

Treasureit 11-26-2011 02:13 PM

I suggest...SHOT GUN

Shelbie 11-26-2011 02:19 PM

My orange cat would do a job like that in a flash. If cats are not your thing, there are traps that are gray with a really heavy strong snap spring. Go visit your local hardware or farm supply
store and pick up a couple (around $12 Canadian but they are washable and re-usable many
times). I bait them with peanut butter and it usually doesn't take long and your mouse will
definitely be dead. I dislike killing critters but that mouse just has to go.

ptquilts 11-26-2011 02:23 PM

I agree, snap trap (only $1 for 2 here at the dollar store in the US!) and peanut butter. Then you have to make sure your house is sealed up well, otherwise all his kin will be visiting you. If you can, get down on your hands and knees and think like a mouse, go all around the outside of your house at the foundation, feeling for any little cracks or holes. Use expanding foam insulation.

Tartan 11-26-2011 02:48 PM

I hate to kill the little things but they have to go! I have my husband bait snap traps with peanut butter and then dispose of the evidence before I see them. We had a couple in the attic and I could hear them at night and it was driving me crazy!

newbee3 11-26-2011 03:00 PM

mouse trap with peanut butter

alfosa421 11-26-2011 03:02 PM

peanut butter and a big pair of boots-if it ran oer my shoe I'd die of fright!!-good luck

amyjo 11-26-2011 03:30 PM

A mouse trap with a small piece of bread and butter and then light a match and burn it a little toasty. Set it there and go somewhere else so it is nice and quiet. A little while later you will have the little bugger in the trap. Decon needs water for them to drink after they eat it otherwise they bloat and stink. They are suppose to just dry up if you have water there. My favorite is some milk and antifreeze if you don't have any pets that might drink it. That kills them deader than a doornail now. do the same thing for rats. Only use bigger bait, like Tomcat or Warfarin. That is what Coumadin is--warfarin is a blood thinner and it causes them to have hemorraghic bleds. That is what killed my mother on the 2nd of Nov. She had one that started about 2 weeks before and of course she didn't know until the thing got so big that she went into a coma, that she never came out of. I prayed to God that she would take her so she didn't have to lay there. The dr said she wasn't suffering, but my Dad was to see her lying there like that. Good thing they had living wills to stop them from hooking her up to all kinds of things.

akrogirl 11-26-2011 04:47 PM

Please, please, please use one of the humane traps. They work really well.

Baby Catcher 11-26-2011 04:50 PM

And let it loose where? It will continue to find its way back in and possibly bring friends. Eewww

Originally Posted by akrogirl (Post 4723467)
Please, please, please use one of the humane traps. They work really well.