Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Is it my imagination? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-imagination-t200270.html)

mhobbs 09-12-2012 07:21 AM

Is it my imagination?

I am embarrassed to post this but, what the heck? The last couple of nights while in my quilting room, I have sensed something sort of like little pinches or insects on my legs but when I look, there's nothing there. There are no pets so that's not an issue. My sewing room is clean and I have white carpet so it should be easy to spot any potential infestation. I have heard of silver light moths??? I don't see any signs of moths or anything else out of the ordinary. I don't notice this anywhere else in my home. Is there anything else I should be looking for? Should I fumigate with a bug bomb just in case?

bearisgray 09-12-2012 07:23 AM

Do you have a rash or any other 'evidence' of a bite or sting?

katkat1946 09-12-2012 07:24 AM

Hope you get an answer - this is weird!!! Do you store fabric with starch on it? I've heard that this can attract insects.

joyce888 09-12-2012 07:41 AM

Does it only happen at night and only in your sewing room? Does it happen aftering you've been standing for some time? I get what feels like very light electrical shocks in my legs when I've worked out (on treadmill with an incline or the elliptical) a little longer or have been standing on a hard surface for some time. Also is your sewing machine sitting on front of a window that could be attracting very tiny insects that can get thru a closed window?

ghostrider 09-12-2012 07:50 AM

Are you wearing pants or are your legs exposed? I would suggest talking to your doctor, sounds like a nerve problem to me, not a bug problem.

Tashana 09-12-2012 07:55 AM

Can it be a position you are sitting in? Eons ago, I had this weird pain in my shoulder. Could not be a repetitive stress movement but when I switched to headphones at work as opposed to a regular phone it all went away. If you are in the same position every day for hours maybe you are pinching a nerve that gives you that feeling. I would try different chair or a pillow before I call the exterminator.

nativetexan 09-12-2012 08:09 AM

all of the above, but don't try a bomb. i always worry about those things since we all have furnaces and heaters that have pilot lights. perhaps something you can shake out of a can into the carpet, then later vacuum up. good luck.

DogHouseMom 09-12-2012 08:36 AM

Another possibility ... perhaps an electrical device (or cord) has a break or thin spot and the carpet is picking up and transferring small amounts of charge up your legs.

Tartan 09-12-2012 09:49 AM

Unless you have bug bites or a rash on your legs, I think it is physical. Sounds kind of like a circulatory or nerve problem. I get pins and needles sensation if I cross my legs now. Try a softer cushion on your chair in case you are putting pressure on your nerves in your legs.

delma_paulk 09-12-2012 10:09 AM

Could it be your circulation???? I find that after a day of living that my legs will tingle and swell a bit.

delma