Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Need computer wizards help!! Cannot see any pics on QB!!!! Help! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/need-computer-wizards-help-cannot-see-any-pics-qb-help-t148689.html)

Just-Lee 08-29-2011 03:36 AM

I don't know who or what is punishing me, but suddenly I cannot see any pictures on "just" QB...what the heck?!?!? All of the smilies also show a broken image icon.. I have rebooted, cleared my cache, but I am clueless as what to do from here. I can see pics on all other web pages. Also, when I try to click on a link in someone's post, it goes to a "STATUS 404- NOT FOUND"..but again, only on here!!

Anyone have any ideas???

quiltinghere 08-29-2011 04:26 AM

restart your computer - that's what I do - and it works

mom-6 08-29-2011 04:42 AM

Sounds like it might be a server issue. Are you on a network?

Lisanne 08-29-2011 05:14 AM

When pictures aren't loading for a website, it's usually a problem on the website's end (server side), not with your computer. You can see pictures on other websites, right?

I'm able to see pictures. Try again now.

catrancher 08-29-2011 08:10 AM

I haven't been able to see them either. My husband is an engineer. He says it's a server issue. I can see pics on other sites, so it's not the computer. The text is on one server, pics on a different server. I'm wondering if it's a regional problem. I'm in the Pacific NW.

Just-Lee 08-29-2011 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Sounds like it might be a server issue. Are you on a network?

We have broadband with a router, but only a household network...if that answers your question?? lol I don't know if that is considered a network...I'm dumb!

Just-Lee 08-29-2011 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
When pictures aren't loading for a website, it's usually a problem on the website's end (server side), not with your computer. You can see pictures on other websites, right?

I'm able to see pictures. Try again now.

No luck here. It just started yesterday and I am quite embarrassed at the withdrawal I am having because of it! This site is soo addicting!

Just-Lee 08-29-2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by catrancher
I haven't been able to see them either. My husband is an engineer. He says it's a server issue. I can see pics on other sites, so it's not the computer. The text is on one server, pics on a different server. I'm wondering if it's a regional problem. I'm in the Pacific NW.

Catrancher, I live in KY, so I am not sure that is the problem either..

romanojg 08-29-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Just-Lee

Originally Posted by catrancher

Catrancher, I live in KY, so I am not sure that is the problem either..

I live in Norfolk Va and don't have a problem.

Just-Lee 08-29-2011 01:58 PM

Well, it's 6 pm/ 24 hrs later and still can't see any pics...guess I will have to find another site to fixate on and try this one again some other time. Bummer, but that's life :)