Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Nook vs. Kindle (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/nook-vs-kindle-t136406.html)

scrapcollector 07-09-2011 03:01 PM

I need all the advice I can get. In the market for 1 and leaning toward the kindle, but am very, very confused.
Any advice, or your favorite choice?

TIA Pat

QuiltnNan 07-09-2011 03:08 PM

has the kindle gone color yet? if not, the advantage of the nook is that you can get color magazines.

GagaSmith 07-09-2011 03:08 PM

My DH and I have nooks and love them but I've never tried a kindle so can't help with comparison.

feffertim 07-09-2011 03:11 PM

I'm facing the same decision. Interested to see what people have to say

ssgramma 07-09-2011 03:11 PM

I love, love, love my Kindle! Just finished getting 25 free books on it.

I have been using this Kindle for just over 2 years now and would buy another IMMEDIATELY if it died. *antijinx* That is how much I love it.

And no more large quantities of DUSTY books making me sneeze :-)

scrapcollector 07-09-2011 03:12 PM

Kindle not in color

bj 07-09-2011 03:13 PM

I have a Kindle. I got it because I'd already started a kindle acct. for my laptop. I got the smaller one (it'll fit in my purse). The books I had on my computer automatically transferred to my kindle. After I got mine, I saw there were cases that had a built in book light. My little case doesn't. At night while dh is watching tv, I use a clip-on book light. Mine will hold a charge for about 3 days, and I read a lot. I've never used or looked at a nook, but my friend loves hers.

ssgramma 07-09-2011 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by bj
I have a Kindle. I got it because I'd already started a kindle acct. for my laptop. I got the smaller one (it'll fit in my purse). The books I had on my computer automatically transferred to my kindle. After I got mine, I saw there were cases that had a built in book light. My little case doesn't. At night while dh is watching tv, I use a clip-on book light. Mine will hold a charge for about 3 days, and I read a lot. I've never used or looked at a nook, but my friend loves hers.

Only 3 days??? I read a lot and I charge about every 3 weeks. Maybe it's something about the new ones?

bj 07-09-2011 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ssgramma
I love, love, love my Kindle! Just finished getting 25 free books on it.

I have been using this Kindle for just over 2 years now and would buy another IMMEDIATELY if it died. *antijinx* That is how much I love it.

And no more large quantities of DUSTY books making me sneeze :-)

Do you know if it's possible to remove books from the archived list. I have some that I'll never be interested in reading again. And I hate that they're taking up space :-D :-D I'm not sure how many books it'll hold.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 07-09-2011 03:21 PM

Check with your local library about e-book lending options. As of now, Kindle is not compatible with most library systems but is supposed to be by the end of the year. Many libraries are offering a service to let you digitally check out books to your e-reader. The type your library is compatible with might make a difference in your choice.