Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Oh Christmas Tree... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/oh-christmas-tree-t76154.html)

PlainGal 11-13-2010 01:13 PM

I just put mine up :) A little plastic one, but I just couldn't wait any longer! Anyone else put up their tree early?

erstan947 11-13-2010 01:16 PM

Day After Thanksgiving!:)

starshine 11-13-2010 01:24 PM

After the 3rd week of Advent about a week before Christmas and leave it up until the 12th day of Christmas, Epiphany.

pheasantduster 11-13-2010 01:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put up my tree on Dec 1. It is also an small artificial tree. I put little white lights on and glass/plastic sparkling ornaments. Also with a timer so the lights go on at 4:30pm just as it is getting dark. It is in my sunroom that has glass doors to the dining room so I see it as I pass. You can see it from the road and I hope those traveling home enjoy it.

my grand nieces in 2008
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125838[/ATTACH]

tuesy 11-13-2010 01:46 PM

When I take the kids to school in the morning there is this house on the corner that has had their little tree up. I'd say it's been up maybe 2-3 weeks.

We put ours up the day after Thanksgiving.

Sadiemae 11-13-2010 01:47 PM

I have seen three houses with lights in the neighborhood, I thought it was a little early though. I don't put up a tree for just me, but I love the houses that are decorated!

amma 11-13-2010 02:14 PM

Not until atleast the day after Thanksgiving :D:D:D

T-Bones mom 11-13-2010 02:35 PM

Definately not until after Thanksgiving. We might not put one up this year as we are raising the dog from hell. She would use it as a chew toy. It is 7 foot tall but that would not stop her. But I love her dearly.

pab58 11-13-2010 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by T-Bones mom
Definately not until after Thanksgiving. We might not put one up this year as we are raising the dog from hell. She would use it as a chew toy. It is 7 foot tall but that would not stop her. But I love her dearly.

:lol: :lol:

I will put mine up after I return from Thanksgiving weekend after visiting my mom in Virginia. It will probably have to be the small 3' tree this year because of my two furbabies. It will be their first Christmas, and I'm absolutely positive they will think it's been put up for them to play with!! :roll: :shock: The tree will sit on a table, and I know they can still get to it, but at least I won't have a 6 1/2' tree getting toppled over! :? I'll also have to be careful which ornaments I put on it!

Mimito2 11-13-2010 02:54 PM

Here in Red Neck country we leave our lights up all year long. LOL.
My sister has a gorgeous tree decorated in one of a kind hand made Victorian ornaments that is on a dolly. It gets rolled "out of the closet" each Thanksgiving. I can't blame her. I would not want to wrap all those pcs to store it.