Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Real Lemons VS Bottled Lemon Juice (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/real-lemons-vs-bottled-lemon-juice-t38494.html)

marsye 03-03-2010 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have heard that lemon juice in your drinking water is very beneficial and healthy for you. Is there a big difference in fresh lemons and the bottle concentrate lemon juice as far as the benefits go? Also what are some of the benefits? I've heard its a good liver detox, helps with weight loss, heart, skin.....what else? Are there any negative sides to lemon juice? I know I'm just full of questions all the time but I like to learn and learning from real people and their experiences is the best way I think ......and you guys are always great. ;)

Tink's Mom 03-03-2010 09:45 AM

I prefer the real lemons....Please make sure that you wash them before using...you don't want all that might be on the outside of the lemon in your drinking water....
In regards to real vs bottled....read the ingredients on the bottle...if all it lists is lemon...OK...if the list is long...you do the math.... :roll: :( :-D

shaverg 03-03-2010 09:49 AM

I also prefer real lemons, we have our own lemon tree, so makes it easy. Also what is really good is orange slice in your water. And a great combination is to put some cucumber slices in your water with the citrus. If you are not a water drinker, this makes a really nice drink. I can drink a gallon. I have used real lemon when nothing else was available. But fresh is always better.

I don't think their is any negative of putting any citrus in water.

BellaBoo 03-03-2010 09:53 AM

Lemons are hard to keep in this area. They start to mold very fast. I use the bottled 100% lemon juice and really can't tell any difference when added to drinks. We like the 100% lime juice too.

Jim's Gem 03-03-2010 10:25 AM

I have a lemon tree also, currently with a million lemons on it...
Fresh, I would think, is so much better!!!
I have a lime tree as well, it is over the second story of the house and I bet we throw away hundreds of pounds of limes each year. I try to give them away but have so many falling all the time DH just picks them up with the dog treasures.

azdesertrat 03-03-2010 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
I have a lime tree as well, it is over the second story of the house and I bet we throw away hundreds of pounds of limes each year. I try to give them away but have so many falling all the time DH just picks them up with the dog treasures.

I don't know if it is allowed in Calif.,but I know here alot of people with citrus trees take the abundance from their trees and donate them to the community food bank.

marsye 03-03-2010 11:19 AM

724 hits??!! Is there that many people on here?? :-o

Jim's Gem 03-03-2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by azdesertrat

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem

I don't know if it is allowed in Calif.,but I know here alot of people with citrus trees take the abundance from their trees and donate them to the community food bank.

Yes it is allowed, at least for our Church's food bank. I get some over there now and then but what I need to do is get some kid over here picking them up each week and taking them to the food pantry that my church runs. I just don't have the time (or energy) to pick up all those limes!!!

yourstrulyquilts 03-03-2010 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Lemons are hard to keep in this area. They start to mold very fast. I use the bottled 100% lemon juice and really can't tell any difference when added to drinks. We like the 100% lime juice too.

They are hard to keep here, too. So I squeeze them and put the juice in small containers in the freezer. It's just like fresh. You can also cut the lemon and freeze them in slices or wedges.
YTQ

yourstrulyquilts 03-03-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
724 hits??!! Is there that many people on here?? :-o

There are over 12,000 people listed on this site. :!: