Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Scarlett's Doll .... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/scarletts-doll-t213312.html)

wordpaintervs 02-08-2013 12:02 PM

Scarlett's Doll ....

2 Attachment(s)
The little girl getting this doll is a California child. She is two years old, and has already had fourteen surgeries. She got a new and second diagnosis of brain cancer. Her family was told when she was much younger she would not survive. She is a fighter for now she is already two and doing better after her second round of Chemo.

her doll is a topsy turvy doll or otherwise a two in one doll

This doll will make its way to her via the post-office this very afternoon.

Of the 146 dolls completed, this is doll 135. I have 4 girls and 1 boy doll waiting for a home with a very sick child.
Vickey Stamps

Grama Lehr 02-08-2013 01:07 PM

She's a cute little doll. I know that she's going to love her!

Challys 02-08-2013 01:24 PM

I'm sure Scarlett and her family will love this little baby! Thanks for doing this!

mimiknoxtaylor 02-08-2013 01:50 PM

God bless her. You're a sweetie to make that for her. Bless you all

wordpaintervs 02-08-2013 09:02 PM

The doll will arrive Monday (Tuesday at the latest)

Thanks for all the great replies. God Bless All.

Vickey Stamps

Chasing Hawk 02-08-2013 10:54 PM

She is as lovely as her "sisters".

Chase

Tudey 02-09-2013 06:58 AM

I KNOW Scarlett! She was born on my birthday and her family attends my church....she will absolutely love this doll!

linda faye 02-09-2013 10:13 AM

How adorable! My kids once had a 'doll' like this. Theirs was Red Riding Hood and flip it over and it was the Big Bad Wolf. Needless to say, we told this story many times.

I love that you are making dolls for the ACS and know that they brighten a child's day.

God bless.

wordpaintervs 02-09-2013 10:49 AM

Thanks so much Tudey. Maybe you'll see her in church with it one day. I hope it brings her a world of love and comfort. God bless these little ones. Thanks for the reply.

Vickey

Originally Posted by Tudey (Post 5849113)
I KNOW Scarlett! She was born on my birthday and her family attends my church....she will absolutely love this doll!

wordpaintervs 02-09-2013 10:56 AM

The majority of them go to kids with cancer. Some have gone to other children and sew_tracy on the forum is hosting a website for me, to tell all about the dolls. Several went to children with heart problems and transplant needs, one to a child that was in a 3 week coma and got seizures over an auto accident, some with other needs. One went to a child in need of a new heart and liver. The list just goes on and on. Two children some time back were 'laid to rest' with their doll babies'. People here on the forum, etc ....have helped out with the dolls in an enormous way, or there would not be so many out now. It is to the point where I mostly sew dresses together (buy the boys clothing at a thrift store) make the hats and faces and fill them with prayers and hugs and sit them aside till a child is in need of them. Seems like the Lord keeps supplying all the dolls need to bring them to life. I just do the labor. I make the girls dresses as pretty as I can. I keep them 'Toddler size' and the kids seem to love them that way.

Vickey

Originally Posted by linda faye (Post 5849619)
How adorable! My kids once had a 'doll' like this. Theirs was Red Riding Hood and flip it over and it was the Big Bad Wolf. Needless to say, we told this story many times.

I love that you are making dolls for the ACS and know that they brighten a child's day.

God bless.