Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Sister Wives (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/sister-wives-t111415.html)

MommaDorian 03-28-2011 06:46 AM

Anybody else watching? I find it absolutely fascinating!!

debp33 03-28-2011 06:48 AM

I watch, too.

0tis 03-28-2011 06:48 AM

Yes, I watch it too - I also find it fascinating.

lovingmama 03-28-2011 06:49 AM

No not me. If I'm not mistaken, it's the series where he has more than one wife. (She comes with a bonus package, her sisters are included too).

I usually like to share, but not my hubby, here I am very selfish.

amandasgramma 03-28-2011 06:50 AM

I don't....I do NOT want to encourage anyone who is not abiding by the law.....

MommaDorian 03-28-2011 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by lovingmama
No not me. If I'm not mistaken, it's the series where he has more than one wife. (She comes with a bonus package, her sisters are included too).

They aren't actual sisters (at least not this family). It's just the term the wives use for each other.

Celeste2 03-28-2011 07:08 AM

I watch...but it's a guilty pleasure for sure. I still don't get what's in it for the women.

cizzors 03-28-2011 07:16 AM

I watch and agree, no sharing BUT.....

Showing my ignorance here. He is legally married to the first one. The other three are the cake and icing. Not understanding the law, isn't this their private life? Why is this not seen as him having a wife and the wife agreeing to him having 3 live-in girlfriends? Yeah, he is re-populating the world. But isn't that a private matter? As far as I know, he is not claiming the "wives" as dependants so what laws are they actually breaking?

Like I said, I would never share, but how is this different from a guy having a mistress who doesn't live with him vs. a "wife" who does and the real wife doesn't mind? Educate me.

MommaDorian 03-28-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by cizzors
I watch and agree, no sharing BUT.....

Showing my ignorance here. He is legally married to the first one. The other three are the cake and icing. Not understanding the law, isn't this their private life? Why is this not seen as him having a wife and the wife agreeing to him having 3 live-in girlfriends? Yeah, he is re-populating the world. But isn't that a private matter? As far as I know, he is not claiming the "wives" as dependants so what laws are they actually breaking?

Like I said, I would never share, but how is this different from a guy having a mistress who doesn't live with him vs. a "wife" who does and the real wife doesn't mind? Educate me.

Yes, he is legally married to the first wife, but not the others. I ask the same questions.

purplemem 03-28-2011 07:34 AM

Will I open a can of worms if I ask what right does the government have to say that polygamy is wrong?