Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   SmartPhone users??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/smartphone-users-t136838.html)

blzzrdqueen 07-11-2011 10:06 AM

This is for all you smartphone users. What is your cell carrier, what phone do you have, is it powered by Apple or Android and what do you like/hate the most?

mltquilt 07-11-2011 10:25 AM

Just picked up my new smart phone on Saturday. It is an HTC EVO phone. The carrier is Sprint and it is an android. So far I like the phone. It is a lot better than my non-android phone. I can get my e-mail direct to the phone in case I'm not close to a computer, I can see Facebook great. Daughter has had one for a few months and she wouldn't trade it for another phone.

mltquilt

Blue's quilting mama 07-11-2011 10:29 AM

Just got the HTC Thunderbolt, on the Verizon network. So far, love it! It is an Android phone, and pretty easy to figure out. I can even get the quilting board on it, wherever I may be!

KarenR 07-11-2011 10:42 AM

I just got my daughter a LG800G for tracfone.

She got triple minutes - 1200 minutes- 1 year of service for around 120.00. I have informed her that when she uses the time units up she will not be getting more!!!

Thought it was a good deal - emergency phone. It is a smart phone.

cjomomma 07-11-2011 10:55 AM

I have an iPhone by apple. I haven't found anything I don't like yet. I hardly ever get on my computer anymore. I can get on all the quilting forums I belong too. Check my emails and get on face book. Take pictures and videos. Send text messages. I don't know how I ever lived without it. LOL!! It even keeps little man busy when we are in the car, what more could I ask for!

Jennifer22206 07-11-2011 11:38 AM

I have the Droid. I've had it since it came out. I just love it. Have Verizon, unlimited data plan.

grammiepamie 07-11-2011 12:07 PM

I have a Blackberry Torch. It drives me crazy sometines.

nativetexan 07-11-2011 12:08 PM

boy i feel old. i have no idea what a smart phone is. expensive is all i think!

hobo2000 07-11-2011 12:24 PM

I have the Droid X on Verizon. My son had it first then he got the Iphone/Verizon and gave me the Droid. He wishes he had the Droid back, He says it does things faster and simpler than Iphone. Also, the GPS really works on Droid the Iphone only works sometimes. So far, I like the Droid. It is harder to get used to than my LG V-touch was. But its like a small computer, it does everything. I pay my bills, buy on Ebay.com pay with paypal. Read books, listen to my music. I just sold my laptop as I don't need it anymore. I have my Ipad and my Droid. Life is good.

valsma 07-11-2011 12:27 PM

I have an Ally with verizon android. I hate it, it is a pain. The tiny little book they give you is useless and the PDF download is just to complicated to read. I'm also not to sure that once this contract is up if i'm going to renew, change carriers or just go back to a regular phone. Maybe a prepaid.