Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Smoking Update ~~~ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/smoking-update-%7E%7E%7E-t20896.html)

Piedmont Quilter 06-02-2009 04:54 PM

Sorry I have not been very deligent in keeping ya'll up to date as to my progress on kicking the smoking habit. I have not felt like talking to anyone the past day or so ~ 9th anniversary of my mother's death was yesterday. That always brings me down.

On a happier note ~ we went to the mountains with the church group and road the Virginia Creeper Trail. We ride the first 18 miles from White Top Mountain to Damascus. Just so you know ~ 13 of the 18 miles is down hill, only the last 5 miles do you have to pedel. (That's the only way they can talk me in to going) Anyway, this is the 2nd time I've made the ride and my hinnie wasn't near as sore as last time. Think it has something to do with the $50 seat the DH bought for me!

On a much, much happier note ~ I am on day 18 and doing what I think is great. Down from a pack a day, to 2 -3 cigs a day or less. And now I don't smoke the whole thing. Won't be long till it's 0 a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for everyone's support. I will try to do better about keeping you updated.

sandiphi 06-02-2009 05:36 PM

That is awesome Piedmont. Keep up the good work. I used to smoke. I started smoking when I was 13 and quit when I was 33. I have been smoke free for about 13 years. The majority of the days I am very happy I quit. Between the price, not good for the health, and the nasty smell, I am glad I don't do it anymore. The only thing I hated about quitting was the weight I put on, but I guess it is better than smoking. So you keep it up, you are doing great.

Jim's Gem 06-02-2009 05:40 PM

Yea!!! Keep up the good work! You can do it!!!

Ducky 06-02-2009 05:44 PM

So glad to hear you're doing so well with the smoking. Do you think the exercise helps? Who knows, maybe one morning you'll wake up and never want another one. It is such a hard, hard thing to do and I commend you for your diligence. I figured out I now have 27 months smoke-free (but who's counting :lol: )

Shemjo 06-02-2009 05:45 PM

WTG! Keep it up! And riding a bike! WOW! Proud to hear you are doing so well! :lol: :lol:

amma 06-02-2009 05:45 PM

Woo Hoo!!! You are doing awesome!!! :D :D :D

Ninnie 06-02-2009 06:30 PM

Yea!!!!!!!!!!

Ninnie

Marcia 06-02-2009 07:00 PM

Great job!!! You are doing something that is very difficult to do and I am so proud of you!! Keep up the great work.

littlehud 06-02-2009 07:03 PM

Great job Piedmont. Keep up the good work.

Mousie 06-02-2009 07:10 PM

PQ, that is fantastic! I did get a little concerned, as I didn't see you, but know it ain't easy. Sorry, bout your anniversary memories.
Sounds like your keeping busy, good for you. :D