Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   The Stanley Cup Comes Home to Boston (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/stanley-cup-comes-home-boston-t131164.html)

pheasantduster 06-17-2011 07:54 AM

After 39 years the Stanley Cup comes home to Boston, MA. We celebrate many different ways! Here is a pic of the Make Way for Ducklings bronze statues in their best apparel. This sculpture by Nancy Schon, has been placed in the Boston Public Garden (1987) as a tribute to Robert McCloskey, author of the story, "Make Way for Ducklngs' - familiar to children throughout the world.
Way to go Bruins! :D

Sheila_H 06-17-2011 08:38 AM

We are coming to Vermont and then Boston next weekend I hope to be able to see the Cup when we are there. Do you know if they will advertise where the Cup will be

Kitsie 06-17-2011 09:28 AM

Ah, quit bragging!! (A Canucks fan)

EdieClay 06-17-2011 10:14 AM

Exciting games. My grandson is a hockey player. I've watched him play since he was 7 years old and I still don't have a clue what's going on. Congratulations to Boston!

pheasantduster 06-17-2011 10:22 AM

I have been trying to send picture of 'ducks' having trouble - will try again. Sorry

MelodyWB 06-17-2011 10:25 AM

Congrats...I was in school and living in Boston when they brought it home the last time..nice to see it back there..I was sooooo in love with Derrick Sanderson back then..lol..good memories!!!

pheasantduster 06-17-2011 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H
We are coming to Vermont and then Boston next weekend I hope to be able to see the Cup when we are there. Do you know if they will advertise where the Cup will be

Stanley Cup made its rounds of the North End on Thursday spending the evening
in Quincy Market Restaurant. Friday morning on the Today Show in New York so you never know where it will show up. Each player has a chance to have it in his possession for at least a day. Enjoy Boston when you come.

Sheila_H 06-17-2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by pheasantduster

Originally Posted by Sheila_H

Stanley Cup made its rounds of the North End on Thursday spending the evening
in Quincy Market Restaurant. Friday morning on the Today Show in New York so you never know where it will show up. Each player has a chance to have it in his possession for at least a day. Enjoy Boston when you come.

Thanks for the info! I knew the players would be taking it home didn't know if that started immediately or if it would stay in the city for a while. I love Boston - been there previously on business this time its a vacation so I'm really looking forward to seeing more this time.

Quilt4u 06-17-2011 10:28 AM

I was 13 the last time and was in Boston. Saw them then.

SuzanneG 06-17-2011 02:35 PM

I'm a Penguin's fan, but I was rooting for the Bruin's throughout the Stanley Cup finals! Congrats on a great win to the players and the fans!! :-D :-D