Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Thank you DH (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thank-you-dh-t155392.html)

CarrieC 09-24-2011 05:45 AM

I have one of the best husbands on earth. He is patient with me and he supports my love of quilting/sewing.

For instance, he is spending this weekend putting together my new Grace quilting frame for me.

He will spend hours driving with me to fabric shops to find "THE" fabric. He actually understands the need to use "THE" fabric. When we are on vacation he helps me find and go to fabric stores.

He goes to shows with me and helps me realize my dreams - like picking the perfect fabrics for a project.

He shows off my creations and he is proud of me.

Just had to publicly acknowledge my best friend and (although he would cringe) my best quilting buddy who doesn't sew.

LoriEl 09-24-2011 05:47 AM

:thumbup:
It's so nice to hear things like that!

donnajean 09-24-2011 05:47 AM

He's a keeper!

sharon b 09-24-2011 05:47 AM

Isn't it wonderful :thumbup: Congrats to having one so understanding :mrgreen:

ontheriver 09-24-2011 05:49 AM

My BF is the same way, I'm so lucky. He even moves the furniture around every time I feel the need to rearrange my sewing room and he Is great picking out fabric, gives me very helpful suggestions as to design and color. They are both keepers.

sueisallaboutquilts 09-24-2011 05:55 AM

Most of us will ask if he has any brothers LOL
That's awesome!!! Mine is very supportive as well but
I wouldn't go as far as what yours does! :D:D

Marni 09-24-2011 05:56 AM

I too have one of those supportive hubbies-the love of my life! We go fabric shopping on our bike trips and his advice and encouragement are invaluable-he's definitely a keeper!

paulswalia 09-24-2011 06:04 AM

Good for you! wonderful to hear!

calano1 09-24-2011 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by CarrieC
I have one of the best husbands on earth. He is patient with me and he supports my love of quilting/sewing.

For instance, he is spending this weekend putting together my new Grace quilting frame for me.

He will spend hours driving with me to fabric shops to find "THE" fabric. He actually understands the need to use "THE" fabric. When we are on vacation he helps me find and go to fabric stores.

He goes to shows with me and helps me realize my dreams - like picking the perfect fabrics for a project.

He shows off my creations and he is proud of me.

Just had to publicly acknowledge my best friend and (although he would cringe) my best quilting buddy who doesn't sew.

:D What a lovely breath of fresh air!!! :thumbup:
Wish more women would appreciate their hubbies instead of publicly humiliating their husbands when they don't do things the wife's way!
And then they have the audacity to make it of with: "I just needed to vent ..." :thumbdown:

Digitizingqueen 09-24-2011 06:10 AM

It is wonderful to hear someone say all those nice things out loud - My BF has been extremely supportive of my move into long arming I think the best thanks we can give these guys is a quilt of their own!