Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Tomorrow is the big day and I'm scared to death!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/tomorrow-big-day-im-scared-death-t132746.html)

cjomomma 06-24-2011 04:49 AM

Tomorrow is the Tymeless Hearts Carnival to help raise funds for child heart disease. This is the one where have been making quilts for the last 6 months to sell and help them raise money. I have quilts, pincushions, tissue holders and misc. items for the event.

I'm terrified for 2 reasons.
1. That the so called quilt police show up. As some of you know I live right smack dab in the middle of quilting country. The quilt police are bound to show up and knowing me it won't be pretty if one of them opens their big mouth.

2. I've never done anything like this before! What if I don't sell any quilts!! :shock:

I'm very nervous!!

mimom 06-24-2011 04:55 AM

if the quilt police show up and open their big mouths, just ask them which quilts did they donate. That'll shut them up. You quilts will be just fine and they will sell. Its good of you to put so much time into a cause that you believe in.

May in Jersey 06-24-2011 04:55 AM

You'll do fine, just enjoy talking to everyone about the quilts and how they will help fund research for child heart disease. Good Luck, May in Jersey

noahscats7 06-24-2011 04:55 AM

Have a great sell!!! I'm sure you'll do an awesome job.

Zhillslady 06-24-2011 04:56 AM

I'm sure your quilts are beautiful. If they don't sell please remember the economy right now. And maybe do what I did at our church ladies dessert. We raise money for benevolence fund by ladies paying for dessert tickets with a grocery gift cards which go to church. I donate 2 quilts to raffle off so we raise a little cash as well. The first year 2009, I asked a friend to buy raffle tickets in case no one liked them enough to buy any. We got over 100 tickets for each quilt. When I asked why she bought so many she said she only bought 5 each. So see, I worried for nothing. Can you sell raffle tickets for a quilt? Many people can spend 10-20$ for tickets but maybe not buy a quilt. If not have a friend come by one. Let us know how you did.

grammyp 06-24-2011 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
if the quilt police show up and open their big mouths, just ask them which quilts did they donate. That'll shut them up. You quilts will be just fine and they will sell. Its good of you to put so much time into a cause that you believe in.

I agree whole completely. If they say anything just advise them to make the quilts next year and you will be glad to evaluate them. I'm sure your quilts will be just fine.

frauhahn 06-24-2011 04:59 AM

Can't wait to read your "success" posting-relax and enjoy! We all know your work is good!

redkimba 06-24-2011 05:00 AM

If the Q.P. show up, tell them that your quilts are meant to be loved AND used by people who care. If the quilts don't sell, you can donate them for another raffle or something.

((hugs)) you will do fine. I will send some good selling mojo your way. :)

cjomomma 06-24-2011 05:03 AM

Zhillslady: I designed a quilt for them that is being raffled off. It's a one of a kind so hopefully they will atleast make money of it.

great aunt jacqui 06-24-2011 05:18 AM

How many quilts did you make? If the Q P say anything Tell them how many you made the time involved all for charity and challenge them to surpass that next year. Really push it...ask them to write their names and E mails so you can remind them of upcoming fundraisers.