Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Traditional Easter Dinner or something else? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/traditional-easter-dinner-something-else-t185037.html)

Twisted Quilter 04-04-2012 12:44 PM

Traditional Easter Dinner or something else?

At my house, holiday dinners are pretty much set in stone. It only took one time where the menu changed and a few people weren't happy. My mother decided she wanted duck! Since then, on Easter, we alway's have a honey baked, spiral sliced ham with mashed potatoes, greens or green beans, deviled eggs, rolls and a couple desserts. Any additions are fine, but don't even think about deleting any of these items. If I feel adventurous, I might add fried corn this year. :p

What are you having?

Maureen 04-04-2012 12:49 PM

We are pretty traditional
Ham, scalloped potatoes, green bean casserole,corn, rolls, pineapple and cherries on a toothpick surrounding the ham and for dessert Hawaiian cake or something with coconut on it.

raedar63 04-04-2012 01:05 PM

I have to work BOOOOOOO, my mom is so disapointed easter has always been her very favorite holiday and she likes to go all out . Traditional as well as anythig new is welcome !

mltquilt 04-04-2012 01:08 PM

We live in Texas so we are having beef brisket (SIL does the cooking of this), baked beans, green beans, probably some grilled veggies because 19 yo GD asked for them, rolls, tea. We will also have potato salad. Oldest daughter can make it now just like mine, which was just like my mom's. I always make banana pudding for dessert and am adding homemade chocolate cheese cake this year. Used do the ham every year, but we do that now at Christmas.

mltquilt

Jingle 04-04-2012 01:21 PM

We have been having ham alot. Just Husband and me. We are having roast beef this year, cooked w/potatoes and carrots, haven't decided what else yet.
We go to Sis in laws on Sat. her Mom and She will come up with something. Brother in law died almost 2 years ago.
We all gather there, kids do their own thing on Easter Sunday. Sis in law is a vegetaritian (sp). She usually has meat for everyone. I and my Daughter make desserts.

redkimba 04-04-2012 01:24 PM

I'm not sure what my step-mom has in mind, but this year we will smoke a salmon side. We generally have ham.

Hemlock Tea 04-04-2012 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter (Post 5116363)
What are you having?

Chocolate. :)

Liz92B 04-04-2012 01:58 PM

hye Twisted ... I'm coming to your house! giggle} jk

Sunnye 04-04-2012 02:00 PM

Well, this year a friend and I will be in Asheville! My husband will stay behind.
If you are feeling adventerous, try this recipe; Deviled eggs: Boil the eggs, of course. To the cooked yolks, add a little salt, garlic powder, dill, mayo (not too much you don't want them too wet) a little dab of grey poupon AND finely chopped dill pickles! (I use Clausen's because it's the only one I can eat.) This recipe came about when I had to change the "regular" recipe because of allergies. It is really fantastic! I do like the fried corn thought.
Happy Easter to all.

SouthPStitches 04-04-2012 02:16 PM

What is fried corn?