Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Vacuum Cleaners???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/vacuum-cleaners-t206503.html)

ThreadHead 11-22-2012 06:18 PM

I have a little Red Dirt Devil Canister and I love it!

lberna 11-22-2012 07:20 PM

I have a Dyson. A little pricey but I love it. A push of a button and the rotating brush stops. It has an on board wand that is so easy to use. No connecting and disconnecting. My Oreck can't compare. What I really like about it is: no more bags. It has a see through canister that is easily removed and emptied.

nstitches4u 11-23-2012 07:42 PM

I love my Dyson, but you still need to remove threads (and cat hair!) from the brush occasionally.

JuneCleaver 11-24-2012 06:37 PM

Save Your Vacuums!!! Go to Target, Shopko or probably even Walmart and go to the cleaning supply department or laundry department. Buy an Evercare MEGA cleaning roller! it is about 12" wide, has an adjustable handle and is just like a sticky lint roller for your floor. You'll be surprised how little you will have to vacuum!!! I love mine and have used it for years!

lfstamper 11-24-2012 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by JuneCleaver (Post 5677554)
Save Your Vacuums!!! Go to Target, Shopko or probably even Walmart and go to the cleaning supply department or laundry department. Buy an Evercare MEGA cleaning roller! it is about 12" wide, has an adjustable handle and is just like a sticky lint roller for your floor. You'll be surprised how little you will have to vacuum!!! I love mine and have used it for years!

Sounds wonderful! Will have to try this with the toilet brush...lol.

boardreader9 11-27-2012 03:16 AM

You might look into PowerSmith, It's lightly featured and it's best for ash cleaning. Read a review on it here. But , if you need to clean a lot and suck up water and hard materials then look for something else..

Sandygirl 11-27-2012 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by pinecone (Post 5673930)
Take a new toilet cleaning brush and sweep around the floor to gather the threads first. It works on my carpeting just fine.

piney

I love the idea of using a toilet brush! I only have an area rug under my sewing table. I have hardwood that i sweep. I need to charge up my small vac for use in the sewing room

Sandy

Rose Marie 11-27-2012 07:00 AM

I like the cheap stick vacs. Mine was less than $9. But I dont have carpet in my sewing room.

BellaBoo 11-27-2012 08:59 AM

I still have the old fashioned push manual carpet sweeper. It works great to get the surface hair, threads, lint from my area rugs between vacuuming. I don't have carpet but still have to have a vacuum for the big area rugs. I use a dust mop and stick vac for the floors inbetween cleanings.

Ruby the Quilter 11-28-2012 09:22 PM

I also use a toilet brush - my 3 yr old grandson loves using it for me!