Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   View from my house (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/view-my-house-t208712.html)

amandasgramma 12-20-2012 09:51 AM

The snow here is NOT all that hard. When I lived in the valley of Oregon, if we got 2" it was a sloppy wet 2" and was hard to drive in. We also had lots of hills to contend with. Here....because they have the equipment to plow the roads, we all have 4 wheel drives, we don't have hills necessarily (one we DO have is a doozy) and the snow is virtually DRY...........it's very easy to drive in! I went to the LQS yesterday, drove the pickup and NEVER put it in 4WD!!! The roads were packed with ice and snow, too!!! VERY different than the snows over where there is more moisture. :)

riutzelj 12-20-2012 09:58 AM

i live in Lebanon,Or. We always make a drive up the pass part of Christmas vacation activities. If only to go to the snow hill near Hoodoo.

quiltingcurious 12-20-2012 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma (Post 5731235)
The snow here is NOT all that hard. When I lived in the valley of Oregon, if we got 2" it was a sloppy wet 2" and was hard to drive in. We also had lots of hills to contend with. Here....because they have the equipment to plow the roads, we all have 4 wheel drives, we don't have hills necessarily (one we DO have is a doozy) and the snow is virtually DRY...........it's very easy to drive in! I went to the LQS yesterday, drove the pickup and NEVER put it in 4WD!!! The roads were packed with ice and snow, too!!! VERY different than the snows over where there is more moisture. :)

How true this is, but no good for snowballs or making snowmen with grandchildren! You have to add water, then you get icemen!
I agree about not wanting to drive in icy snow, drier is better, but if you get a rain, then snow and cold temps can still get ice, even if snow is usually dry.
Your tree looks so pretty with the snow and ornaments.

Sharonetti 12-20-2012 12:44 PM

I am exceedingly jealous of your snow! I live in SW WA (Vancouver to be exact) and we haven't had any snow for a couple of years! It is soooo beautiful.

CAS49OR 12-20-2012 05:16 PM

Beautiful pictures, I miss icicles! We got some snow in the valley but it didn't stick around.

Seaside gal 12-20-2012 06:42 PM

Very beautiful pictures.

Nonna Judi 12-20-2012 07:58 PM

Beautiful scenery, reminds me of my former home in Vermont. Thank you so much for this trip down memory lane.

fatquarters 12-20-2012 09:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Beautiful, what a lovely view for quilting

I had to work today, but this was the view out my office window. Merry Christmas to all!

amandasgramma 12-20-2012 09:09 PM

Beautiful view, fatquarters!!!!

Gladygirl 12-21-2012 08:18 AM

I like snow but when we get a storm like a couple days ago--13 inches along with 40-50 MPH wind --with 30,000 customers with no power because of downed lines and broken tree limbs and hundreds of vehicles in ditches it is not so much fun. The snow is heavy and wet so it froze down and is very treacherous to walk or drive on and very hard to shovel and clogs up the snowblower---can you tell we are having fun!!!!!! Hope we don't get many more like this.