Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-animals-do-you-have-inside-outside-also-wild-animals-your-house-t89896.html)

craftybear 01-12-2011 11:44 AM

What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

I was looking out the front living room window today and noticed a squirrel running across the yard in the snow was so cool to see.

Also we have seen coyotes tracks in the snow and can hear them howling at night in the woods behind our house.

I have seen squirrels, rabbits, stray cats and dogs around our yard.

Inside: we have a shih tzu male dog and he is spoiled rotten

Thanks again for sharing and this will be fun to see what types of animals are around our yards

np3 01-12-2011 11:48 AM

Do we count the occasional mouse? Squirrels a lot. When I was working in the bay area, the deer would come right up to the door. Beautiful to see!

QuiltnCowgirl 01-12-2011 11:49 AM

At home: 2 cats
At the stables: a horse
At work on a farm - especially in the meadow outside my office window: rabbits, coyotes, hawks and more species of birds than you can imagine, and the one lone red fox that came sniffing at the screendoor by my desk. Love my "office with a view" :D

amandasgramma 01-12-2011 11:50 AM

2 cats inside

outside: deer, coyotes, cougars, elk, quail, all kinds of birds, chipmunks, squirrels, mice, rabbits and a neighborhood dog that visits and eats my leftovers. :)

vhiggason 01-12-2011 11:51 AM

We have deer, elk, saw a mom bear and her two cubs in the fall, fox, squirrels, and we have a German Shepherd in the house.

tomilu 01-12-2011 11:52 AM

We have squirrels here in town, of course the birds, and three feral cats. One is a huge Manx. A group here in town that deals with feral cats is going to help me trap them, get them neutered, shots and turned back out. I enjoy watching them from inside the house. Unfortunately, one is a female coming into season.
Inside, I have a toy poodle and an Italian Greyhound and one ornery husband

kriscraft99 01-12-2011 11:53 AM

I have a Great Blue Heron, some Loons, occasionally I see 2 or 3 deer running across the bottom of the yard, raccoon, fox, coyote, muskrat and some beavers.

hobo2000 01-12-2011 11:58 AM

In Washington, DC, our house backs up to Rock creek Park (runs thru city). We get deer, fox, raccoons, possums, squirrels, chipmunks, snakes, tortoise, snails, cats, birds of all kinds. Last week we had a large hawk circling our yard and my son ran out to rescue Foxy, our 6 lb long haired Chihuahua. We felt the hawk could have easily snatched him for dinner, our 12 lb black Pom would have been a little hard to pick up. A black bear upon occasion in a cold spring and more geese than I ever thought possible. They are very friendly, if somewhat messy.

prairiequeen 01-12-2011 11:59 AM

We just got new puppy for Christmas,so she spends some time inside.She is a red heeler(cattle workin dog) so she will spend most of her time outside.We named her Ruby. We have cattle,pigs,chickens,cats.A fox lives down the road and likes to get my chickens,deer,rabbits.

blzzrdqueen 01-12-2011 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
What animals do you have inside or outside (also wild animals) at your house?

I was looking out the front living room window today and noticed a squirrel running across the yard in the snow was so cool to see.

Also we have seen coyotes tracks in the snow and can hear them howling at night in the woods behind our house.

I have seen squirrels, rabbits, stray cats and dogs around our yard.

Inside: we have a shih tzu male dog and he is spoiled rotten

Thanks again for sharing and this will be fun to see what types of animals are around our yards

I have 4 cats and a dog, and a family of squirrels living in my attic!
Can't afford to have them taken care of ($2000 to remove them, decontaminate the attic and seal off the entry points), and don't have the heart to kill them ourselves, so we let them be for the time being...