Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What's the one thing you clean when a certain someone visits? Why? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/whats-one-thing-you-clean-when-certain-someone-visits-why-t156072.html)

orangeroom 09-26-2011 04:17 PM

When one of my best friends comes over, I always make sure I scrub the sink. The first time she came over, she told me later that she knew our home was a clean one because it looked like she could eat out of the sink. So, I make sure that's clean, every time!

Sadiemae 09-26-2011 04:19 PM

If someone is coming to see my house, they just as well stay home...

DawnMarie 09-26-2011 04:20 PM

I vacuum the carpet in the dining room. My two kids and carpet in the dining room don't mix well. The next house will have an eat-in kitchen.

deedum 09-26-2011 04:23 PM

The main bathroom! Fresh towels and just a quick wipe! Wala!
Why? I like a clean bathroom! (as well as kitchen)

leatheflea 09-26-2011 04:26 PM

My house stays pretty much clean. But I did have some friends over the other day and they wanted to come to see my quilting room. so I had to straighten up in there, you know I can get quite messy. Swept real quick and put away some fabric. Took about 10 minutes.

lisainmo 09-26-2011 04:34 PM

Hmmmm well I don't do anything extra ..I clean my bathrooms daily and vaccuum three or 4 times a week..so I am always ready if someone happens to stop in.

Kooklabell 09-26-2011 04:34 PM

These days I don't bother all too much making anything different than what it is everyday. I don't live in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine spread. We live in our home - all the rooms. And given that, if you stop by, you might find dishes in the sink or a mess someplace. I use to be more concerned. But now, life is too short. I guess if I were planning a gathering, I'd make sure the downstairs bathroom and kitchen are picked up and clean. I want my company to be comfortable. But day/day friends, shoot, you get what you get. LOL

Kitsie 09-26-2011 04:39 PM

Well said! I agree totally!

Chasing Hawk 09-26-2011 04:44 PM

When I know we are having guests, the whole house gets a through cleaning all 1638 sq. ft. of it.

GwynR 09-26-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kooklabell
These days I don't bother all too much making anything different than what it is everyday. I don't live in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine spread. We live in our home - all the rooms. And given that, if you stop by, you might find dishes in the sink or a mess someplace. I use to be more concerned. But now, life is too short. I guess if I were planning a gathering, I'd make sure the downstairs bathroom and kitchen are picked up and clean. I want my company to be comfortable. But day/day friends, shoot, you get what you get. LOL

Yep!