Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Where is Eleanor? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/where-eleanor-t207146.html)

Cagey 11-28-2012 07:23 AM

Where is Eleanor?

I'm about to go into panic mode! First they take Fons and Porter off our PBS channel and now I can't find Quilt in a Day on RFDTV! She used to be on Wednesday at 11:30pm then moved to Wed. afternoon. Now I can't find her at all.
Anyone know where I can find her program? or Fons and Porter?

TShooters 11-28-2012 08:26 AM

You can view her videos on her webpage (media theater). Missing her, too. She kept me up late on Wednesdays. :)

Lori S 11-28-2012 08:48 AM

I think some shows have been displaced as PBS is doing alot of fund raising shows. I know the schedule is wonky here... and I get three PBS stations.. the good fortune of having three states that are close to each other in my corner.
I too miss Eleanor.. she is my favorite.

nativetexan 11-28-2012 08:49 AM

Eleanor is onmy PBS on Fridays. can you look up your PBS or other channels on the internet for listings?

newbee3 11-28-2012 09:18 AM

love of quilting is still on in my area on pbs

butterfly48 11-28-2012 10:50 AM

I watched her other day on rfdtv but dont know what day or time

quilter1943 11-28-2012 07:02 PM

We still have Eleanor on PBS. Fons and Porter changed to Fons and Fons - mom and daughter. Don't like it as well as when Liz Porter was on. Seems like all they do is sell their rulers and products.

Jan in VA 11-28-2012 07:56 PM

Programs like our quilting shows are purchased by your regional or local PBS stations to be shown by customer demand. You can help this process by contributing to your PBS stations when they have fund drives and by writing to let them know you want to see these programs. The program offerings change seasonally and will likely cycle through again at some point in the future.

Jan in VA

Iraxy 11-29-2012 05:59 AM

So many people do not realize that they need to contribute to PBS in order for them to bring their favorite programs on board. I am new to this area and am just getting to know their schedule. I hope there are some good quilt shows on. Sadly, my favorite program Doc Martin is on at 9:00pm. Just the time when I am putting my little old man to bed and I am heading to my sewing room.

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 5686472)
Programs like our quilting shows are purchased by your regional or local PBS stations to be shown by customer demand. You can help this process by contributing to your PBS stations when they have fund drives and by writing to let them know you want to see these programs. The program offerings change seasonally and will likely cycle through again at some point in the future.

Jan in VA

Rose Marie 11-29-2012 06:45 AM

Mine shows a quilting show that I dont care for at all. It more for art quilters.
They still have Sewing With Nancy on Sat.
Fons and Porter were on the Byu channel but it is gone now.
Even QNN on the web has gone down hill and dont like it at all. Ten minute segments with lots of ads.