Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Who has cabin fever and is ready for Spring ? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/who-has-cabin-fever-ready-spring-t210825.html)

Caswews 01-12-2013 07:34 PM

Who has cabin fever and is ready for Spring ?

As I was sitting earlier in the week looking at my seed catalogs eyeing what I want to buy and plant in my garden. I was wondering who has cabin fever and is ready for Spring ? I am so ready for Spring to be here the bitter cold has lasted long enough and record low temperatures have been made; so let's warm up!! LOL Then we went grocery shopping and everyone was getting snacks for the Big Bronco game; rushing hastily. being rude. I thought wow; maybe they are having Cabin fever as well as Spring fever, I just have Spring fever .

I also want to get some roses; put in some more roses, maybe a shrub or two in the backyard. Get the flower pots dusted off and put some petunias, pansies, grow some herbs.
So how about you ? Are you ready for some gardening? planting ? or just some warm weather ?

TinaRibena 01-13-2013 03:00 AM

I am ready for it to warm up as soon as it likes! We walked up a series of hills near where we live yesterday and it was -1 by the time we got back to the car! We were wrapped up very well, but I prefer being a bit less bundled up when I walk.

Joset 01-13-2013 05:46 AM

I am ready for spring two weeks ago i sent in all my seed orders. we have had
a nice winter but still ready for spring .

alwayslearning 01-13-2013 06:08 AM

Right now is some of our best weather of the year.

nivosum 01-13-2013 04:21 PM

I know our winters in the south are nothing to compare to those up north, but this winter has been very rainy.
Usually, I can putter in the yard cleaning it a little at a time, but it is simply too wet to do much. I am definitely ready for spring.

Jingle 01-13-2013 04:30 PM

I am not ready for the hot, humid weather to return. I have lots of perennials that require very little from me. I no longer like to be outside working. I did all that when I was younger. Much happier making quilts in the house, no matter the weather. We have not really had much winter yet. Here it is safe to plant after Mother's Day, although we have had cold weather up to Memorial Day.

KatFish 01-13-2013 04:46 PM

Yes! I'm so ready for Spring. I've mailed in my order for my garden seeds and have drawn a map of the garden of where I want to plant everything. I made a tote bag today with Spring colors. I'm ready. Come on Spring! Please don't remind me that I have to wait until April for the weather to catch up.

Stitchnripper 01-13-2013 05:58 PM

Oh my gosh I am so ready. We are having unseasonable cold and long stretches of rain. Not what we are used to. Plus hubby in hospital so double yuck. Send sunshine!!!!

LoisM 01-13-2013 06:12 PM

This is the best time of year for me. It seems we just got relief from weather in the mid 90's in Nov and it can stay away for a good long while as far as I'm concerned. I'm in no hurry whatsoever.

WMUTeach 01-14-2013 06:29 AM

No cabin fever yet. We still need to have some real winter here in Michigan.