Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who has cabin fever and is ready for Spring ?

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Cool Who has cabin fever and is ready for Spring ?

As I was sitting earlier in the week looking at my seed catalogs eyeing what I want to buy and plant in my garden. I was wondering who has cabin fever and is ready for Spring ? I am so ready for Spring to be here the bitter cold has lasted long enough and record low temperatures have been made; so let's warm up!! LOL Then we went grocery shopping and everyone was getting snacks for the Big Bronco game; rushing hastily. being rude. I thought wow; maybe they are having Cabin fever as well as Spring fever, I just have Spring fever .

I also want to get some roses; put in some more roses, maybe a shrub or two in the backyard. Get the flower pots dusted off and put some petunias, pansies, grow some herbs.
    So how about you ? Are you ready for some gardening? planting ? or just some warm weather ?
    Last edited by Caswews; 01-12-2013 at 07:38 PM.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I am ready for it to warm up as soon as it likes! We walked up a series of hills near where we live yesterday and it was -1 by the time we got back to the car! We were wrapped up very well, but I prefer being a bit less bundled up when I walk.

I am ready for spring two weeks ago i sent in all my seed orders. we have had
    a nice winter but still ready for spring .

Right now is some of our best weather of the year.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I know our winters in the south are nothing to compare to those up north, but this winter has been very rainy.
    Usually, I can putter in the yard cleaning it a little at a time, but it is simply too wet to do much. I am definitely ready for spring.

I am not ready for the hot, humid weather to return. I have lots of perennials that require very little from me. I no longer like to be outside working. I did all that when I was younger. Much happier making quilts in the house, no matter the weather. We have not really had much winter yet. Here it is safe to plant after Mother's Day, although we have had cold weather up to Memorial Day.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Yes! I'm so ready for Spring. I've mailed in my order for my garden seeds and have drawn a map of the garden of where I want to plant everything. I made a tote bag today with Spring colors. I'm ready. Come on Spring! Please don't remind me that I have to wait until April for the weather to catch up.

Oh my gosh I am so ready. We are having unseasonable cold and long stretches of rain. Not what we are used to. Plus hubby in hospital so double yuck. Send sunshine!!!!

This is the best time of year for me. It seems we just got relief from weather in the mid 90's in Nov and it can stay away for a good long while as far as I'm concerned. I'm in no hurry whatsoever.

No cabin fever yet. We still need to have some real winter here in Michigan.

I'm kinda ready for spring but untill then I be happy for longer daylite I hate the short daylite more then anything

We can't have a garden unless we build a greenhouse, simply because there isn't enough time to plant seeds and have them mature, but I'm definitely ready for even slightly warmer temps, the low last night was -18, night before last it was -20 and yesterdays high was 8, today's high is predicted to be 25, but the last 2 days they had predicted 20's as the high and the highs never even got close to the 20's. LOL

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Well all I have to say ... IS COME ON SPRING!!! LOL
    Done with the cold weather, ready for the smell of air after a rainstorm. Ready for the flowers to start blooimg and around here all the wineries to start (which I am sure they are already) getting ready for the Spring session of re-birth.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

We need the rain.
    I figure you can always add clothes, but you can only take off so many!
    Marie

You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.
    A smile is something you can't give away; it always comes back to you.

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    No, no, no! As much as I love the spring and summer and all the flowers and my veggie garden, I always look forward to a nice long winter to snuggle down, take it easy, and have a lot of time for quilting! As soon as the weather gets nice out I feel obligated to get outside and work, work, work in the flowers and get my vegetable garden started, etc. I love a long, cold, snowy winter so I can spend a lot more time quilting!

We're in our third day of 80 degree heat down here in Sunny Florida ... I'm wondering what happened to winter! I'm ready for fireplace, hot chocolate, and soup weather!

Blog Entries
    We haven't had a winter here-only a couple dustings and yesterday the car was iced over but not the roads.Saturday was 67 today its only 34 but starting tomorrow its back to the high 40's. I am so glad to be here vs NW Ohio. I am really loving not owning a snow shovel : ) Heck I haven't even put on a winter coat this winter still wearing a hooded sweatshirt.

Since we have had warm weather the last few days, I can survive winter a little longer. I just wish Spring and Fall lasted longer. I love the change of seasons.

Hang in there, we will probably still get it. Got a long way to go to spring.......

Here in N. Central Texas we are still waiting for winter to come for a visit. Had a nice rain, hope that happens again this spring. It gets chilly, sometimes it gets cold. I haven't had to put my coat on yet this year.

Blog Entries
    It was 55 here todY on the island. Marigolds are bloomin'.
    Im ready for the pool to open.

Quote Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
    We're in our third day of 80 degree heat down here in Sunny Florida ... I'm wondering what happened to winter! I'm ready for fireplace, hot chocolate, and soup weather!
    I live in Waycross and we're in the same boat! I think we missed winter this year. We've had the ac on for a week now. I'd like to have a few days of winter, but only a few.

Well I will tell you come to Florida. We are having 80 degree weather already and I'm not ready for it. We need some cold weather to survive the really hot summers. So I will send you hot weather if you send us some cold weather.

Blog Entries
    Winter. Who wins in winter? No fan here. There was a time when I lived in central NY and loved the four and six foot snow storms. It would get so cold the attic beams would crackle and boom.

We had the best time on our snow shoes when the snow was really deep. We would tramp out to local beaver ponds and listen to them talking and in early spring you could hear the pups in their cozy dens. That is what I liked most about winter.
    peace

Not any more. I live in E PA and snow just usually makes a mess.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

NO! I am NOT ready for spring. We got gyped out of another cold, seasonal winter! When it's winter, it should be COLD! "Stay inside by the fire and sew" cold! I HATE 50 degree weather in January!! Spring doesn't come till March - I want it COLD!! Any questions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast