Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: marigolds are coming up

Blog Entries

marigolds are coming up

This is crazy. 55 here on long island n.y. today. They are not only coming up, but are blooming.
    Whats coming up by you and where are you.
    this global warming is getting really scary.

Global Warming?? It was 27 degrees here in Phoenix this morning and the water to our RV was froze!!

Blog Entries
    I guess we're flipping our weather. Sorrry to hear about your freezing weather.

Blog Entries
    whats up with this London fog i live NY too

Blog Entries
    Out for a walk in Guelph Ontario and there were dandelions blooming.
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

Haven't seen anything growing but I only wore a lightweight raincoat yesterday. My father in San Diego was a bit chilly!

Really warm in north Florida 86. Record high temperatures broke the 1800 record. Weather is always crazy somewhere.

You would think that with all this wonkiness with the weather, that people would start paying attention to global warming as a serious problem. Enjoy your marigolds while you have them.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    We have daffodils coming up here.

Blog Entries
    I SHOULD be in FL where it's in the 80's, but I'm in NW PA and have a skin rash from the dry furnace heat. It's been in the 50's here, then the 30's, the lowest was 29. Thankfully, no snow.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    In the teens here last nite...and a little snow. Wishing it was warm enough for flowers!

I am in FL and while I don't care for the freezing cold, I would really like a stretch of time in the 60's and low 70's

Blog Entries
    My snowdrops have been blooming since just after Christmas which makes you think spring is on its way. Just hope we haven't a heavy frost or it could really set them back. The only saving thing for us is we are near coast and don't get severe frosts. It has been a really mild winter so far.

I woke up to 8.6 degree's here in Minnesota this morning. I live near the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St Paul) but the northwestern part of Minnesota is getting below zero temps this week. Last week we had rain so you never know what will happen here in Minnesota.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Nothing is coming up here and its minus 2this am in Western Colorado. Nothing but cold predicted for the rest of the week.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

29 here in Coos Bay, Oregon.

Here in Lakeland, our hymenocallis and crinums are blooming. Plum trees bloomed in Dec. lemon trees are blooming now.

Blog Entries
    For dry skin, i have a small humidifier, you use a 20 oz. Soda bottle in it.
    now its getting cold. Might even snow now. This weather is getting scarier by the day.

Blog Entries
    I saw a Robin 2 days ago. Hope it'll be ok, supposed to start snowing tonight...
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

It's been mid to high 20's at night here, and the high in the 30's during the day -- not much rain right now (what a blessing that is!), and had a little sunshine today, which lately has been scarce. I want spring, but here in this area, we can get snow well into March...so it makes it interesting when it comes to working in the garden....

Blog Entries
    Well coopah we have the same weather here. It sleeted, snowed and melted in just a few hours. Now it's dry and gonna be warm in a few days.

I just feel we are witnesses to the earth changing/evolving. It has done this many times-some very subtle others very dramatic-----disappearance of dinosaurs and melting of the great glaciers come to mind. Whatever thre reason for the changes, there is a reason that maybe we have no control over, remember we are only guests here and our time here is limited in reality and whatever "damage" we do will be adjusted/corrected in time...........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WMD926 View Post
    I woke up to 8.6 degree's here in Minnesota this morning. I live near the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St Paul) but the northwestern part of Minnesota is getting below zero temps this week. Last week we had rain so you never know what will happen here in Minnesota.
    And today it is +27 degrees at 7:30 AM in St. Paul. Hey, we're tough here. We take the cold and talk about the heat. We take the heat and talk about the cold. We don't complain in Minnesota. Yah, we had rain here too and there is still a little ice left on the steps, but it got so cold the other night that most of it freeze-dried (very popular word in Minnesota in the winter). We can hang our sheets outside, which I have done many times, in the winter and bring them into the house in the evening - freeze dried. I hang out my quilts in the winter and bring them in cold and crawl under those covers and freeze and then warm up so nice and toasty. I can't complain about our weather. Love it or leave it! That's Minnesota speak! Edie PS Absolutely nothing is coming up, what grass you can see is brown, everythng is totally asleep for about two more months and then all heaven lets loose and it is gorgeous around here.
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Unhappy Snow

2/3 inches in northern NY 32 degrees. Made sure my bird feeders were full last night. Bright and beautiful but then I am inside looking out. Snow day for children. Lots of fun.

My crocus and daffodills are about to bloom!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast