marigolds are coming up

Old 01-15-2013, 07:14 PM

Well coopah we have the same weather here. It sleeted, snowed and melted in just a few hours. Now it's dry and gonna be warm in a few days.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:53 AM

I just feel we are witnesses to the earth changing/evolving. It has done this many times-some very subtle others very dramatic-----disappearance of dinosaurs and melting of the great glaciers come to mind. Whatever thre reason for the changes, there is a reason that maybe we have no control over, remember we are only guests here and our time here is limited in reality and whatever "damage" we do will be adjusted/corrected in time...........
Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by WMD926 View Post
I woke up to 8.6 degree's here in Minnesota this morning. I live near the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St Paul) but the northwestern part of Minnesota is getting below zero temps this week. Last week we had rain so you never know what will happen here in Minnesota.
And today it is +27 degrees at 7:30 AM in St. Paul. Hey, we're tough here. We take the cold and talk about the heat. We take the heat and talk about the cold. We don't complain in Minnesota. Yah, we had rain here too and there is still a little ice left on the steps, but it got so cold the other night that most of it freeze-dried (very popular word in Minnesota in the winter). We can hang our sheets outside, which I have done many times, in the winter and bring them into the house in the evening - freeze dried. I hang out my quilts in the winter and bring them in cold and crawl under those covers and freeze and then warm up so nice and toasty. I can't complain about our weather. Love it or leave it! That's Minnesota speak! Edie PS Absolutely nothing is coming up, what grass you can see is brown, everythng is totally asleep for about two more months and then all heaven lets loose and it is gorgeous around here.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:55 AM

Unhappy Snow

2/3 inches in northern NY 32 degrees. Made sure my bird feeders were full last night. Bright and beautiful but then I am inside looking out. Snow day for children. Lots of fun.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 AM

My crocus and daffodills are about to bloom!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:24 AM

Well here it has been a tad chilly...but.. next week will be down right brrrr freezing cold. Starting Sunday for about the next 5 days...the highs will be around 3 and the lows -15 to -20 .. yup below zero...
Old 01-16-2013, 09:30 AM

Woke up to snow. About 3" on the ground and coming down fast. Now it is cloudy and warming up. That's New England for ya.....if you don't like the weather, wait a couple minutes....it'll change!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 PM

In Utah we can't see the ground because there's 2 ft or more of snow covering it. Night time temps are down to -20 and we're lucky if daytime temps reach 5. After checking the weather forecast my husband said there was no end in site. Right now, at 1:30 pm, it is -3 degrees. I hear they're talking about another ice age. Maybe half the globe will experience an ice age and the other half will have global warming. It's a totally confusing world we live in!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:42 PM

I have buttercups coming up. We have had 74 on Sunday. Now it is cold, waiting for snow on Thurs. We have also had fog every day and night.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by cheya View Post
In Utah we can't see the ground because there's 2 ft or more of snow covering it. Night time temps are down to -20 and we're lucky if daytime temps reach 5. After checking the weather forecast my husband said there was no end in site. Right now, at 1:30 pm, it is -3 degrees. I hear they're talking about another ice age. Maybe half the globe will experience an ice age and the other half will have global warming. It's a totally confusing world we live in!
wow...you must be in or near salt lake..my brother is near there, also..he has been telling me how cold it is! BRRRR!!