Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Why would anyone do this to their feet?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/why-would-anyone-do-their-feet-t206548.html)

MamaHen 11-21-2012 04:23 AM

Maybe it is just me, but I think those new high heeled shoes just look plain ugly and clunky!!!:shock:

gramajo 11-21-2012 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by mrs. fitz (Post 5670738)
For Gramajo who can't find comfortable shoes - best thing that ever happened to my feet was my first pair of Easy Spirit Traveltime. That was several pairs ago. Just recently there was a thread on the QB about comfortable shoes and several brands were recommended. Wish I could remember more specifics but it must be under General Chit-Chat. Maybe you can find it and get some good advice.

mrs. fitz, Thanks for the info. I saw that thread. I've found some New Balance shoes work for me, but they have to be a mesh top. The leather tops do not stretch enough to accomodate my hammer toe. The mesh top is great when it's warm, get a little ventilation from the mesh, but they're pretty breezy in the winter :D.

Tartan 11-21-2012 04:37 AM

Some people will always go to extremes to be "fashionable" I just shake my head and wear my Crocs. Crocs are as unfashionable as anyone can get.:D

Debbie C 11-21-2012 05:10 AM

God bless my Birkenstocks! My big feet fit into them just fine, thank you!

quilter1 11-21-2012 05:45 AM

All I can say is shame on the surgeon who will cut off toes for vanity's sake. Any surgery carries a risk, and to do something like this so you can wear a pair of rediculous looking shoes, is just plain stupid. Think of the implications for the future. Bunions are a different thing and are often a necessary procedure. It is interesting that the doctor being interviewed has a display of sensible shoes behind him in his office.

ljs317 11-21-2012 06:08 AM

then how would you play the "this little piggy" toe game????????????

0tis 11-21-2012 06:29 AM

I love flip flops and birkenstocks - another fun fact of aging for me - now that I am in menopause - my feet get so hot in shoes - I can't even wear socks and tennis shoes - I have to wear something cool and comfortable - most of the time I wear slippers - when I go out - something comfortable and open so I don't sweat to death. I have given up all my "sexy" shoes a long time ago - I just can't walk in high shoes anymore.

Yooper32 11-21-2012 06:42 AM

Did they ever happen to think that the solution to their foot problems could easily be solved by wearing "sensible" shoes, instead of instruments of torture?

vjengels 11-21-2012 07:11 AM

this was in the news maybe 5 years ago, some people don't use common sense. I LOVE a pointy toe pump, but wouldn't alter my feet to wear them. The woman in the video complained that it hurt, and she shouldn't be judged.... I'll bet she had 'normal feet' you know, size 7 medium width.... I have a 9 1/2 C width on the right & 10 D width on the left; I don't have problem wearing a stileto, but, not those ridiculous platform pumps.

lillybeck 11-21-2012 07:34 AM

I think that is just extreme