Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Wonderful sounds. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wonderful-sounds-t74157.html)

wanna be quilter 11-04-2010 01:31 AM

I love to hear the sound of children laughing and playing, birds singing, waves breaking on the beach and beautiful classical music. What sounds do other members like to hear ?

Qbee 11-04-2010 01:35 AM

I think we are too much alike...LOL. Mine are:
My children's voices, babies cooing, children laughing, sewing machines humming, the ocean waves, birds singing and the silence when I'm under water diving....it's like you can hear the sand moving......

Teacup 11-04-2010 02:02 AM

My grandchildren's voices, my hubby's laugh, my cat's purr, waves at the ocean, the wind in the leaves

scowlkat 11-04-2010 03:12 AM

My grandson's laugh and jabbering (seven months old and I am sure he has something profound to say!), my dogs when I come home - they get so excited!, music playing in the background while my Baby sews along!

cjomomma 11-04-2010 04:41 AM

I love all the ones mentioned but my favorite sound is when my children (the teenagers) are talking and laughing instead of fighting and yelling at each other. The sound of the front door when DH comes home from work. The silence when the older ones are off to school and DH & Eli are still asleep is it the only time my home is quiet.

amazon 11-04-2010 05:39 AM

Silence!LOL. I love the sound of my kids not fighting,the sound of a baby nursing( oh how I miss that one) the sound popcorn makes when its poppping in a metal pan, a tea kettle whistling The sound of my DH's trucks coming in the evening, the rumble of thunder,drizzling rain, the sounds of a beautiful spring morning before anyone else is up.A hawk and an owls call, cow calling her baby or goat too. and the humm of my sewing machine when she's in her stride. I could be here all day listing my blessings but I have to go make some noise( dishwasher and washer). :lol:

Feather3 11-04-2010 06:11 AM

The sound of the first Purple Martin returning in spring. Means I'll be blessed with another year of those wonderful birds in my martin house. My parrots talking, jabbering & laughing. The sound of my DH returning from work. My dogs, who get excited if I'm out of their sight for a few minutes. All the sounds of spring, the bugs, birds. The wind howling thru the trees on a warm night. My furnace kicking on, means it's working & we won't be cold. Rain on the roof. There's so many, but the most important one is....I can hear :).

feline fanatic 11-04-2010 07:12 AM

I so love everyone's responses and definitely kids laughing is a good one. I love the silly "woo-woo" howl my dog does when she is greeting me home. She doesn't bark hardly at all it is always this kind of wolf howl noise. I absolutely love the still quiet of the outside during a heavy snowfall. Everything is so muffled and peaceful and clean but you can hear a twig snap from a deer in the woods from a long ways off or the soft "whumff" noise when a buildup of snow falls from a bare tree branch. I always lift up thanks when I am outside at home during a snow. I am thankful for the serenity and beauty of the moment and very thankful I have a warm safe place to be.

Birds singing is a good one as well as a raptors cry. A cat purr or the purr-meow combo they often make when they have something good to tell you. Loons on a lake at dawn. A crackling campfire. Thunder in the distance.

wanna be quilter 11-04-2010 07:17 AM

It's lovely to read of all the sounds that make people happy, all of those I love too, except I don't have parrots, or teenagers and of course my two little dogs make a fuss when we return from being out. Thank God for our hearing.

BATIKQLTR 11-04-2010 07:54 AM

I also love hearing children playing and laughing. I like the sound of the wind blowing through pine trees or palm trees (depending where I am). I have a 4 year old neighbor girl that has a laugh/giggle that is so sweet (I get to hear that one often).

But most of all, I love hearing my car start when I turn the key the first time. ;-)