Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   YOLO list? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/yolo-list-t221316.html)

Jan in VA 05-13-2013 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 6061293)
I am getting to cross one of the list next week... going to Bali! I am too excited to sleep.

Lori!! I am SO envious!!! I hope you have the MOST amazing time and get to do all the wonderful things you see to experience. What a glorious vacation!

Jan in VA

sailsablazin 05-13-2013 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 6059977)
On my YOLO List, then:

go hang gliding
go glider flying
visit Australia for an extended stay
own and use a hammock slung between two massive oak trees
hold my younger daughter's babies (she's 33 with no kids)
sail on Lake Michigan's Little Traverse Bay
eat a Waygu beef steak
attend a Broadway play
go to Houston for a week for the International Quilt Festival again (it's been 16 years!)

I'm sure there are other things I can't think of at the moment. :D

Jan in VA

Jan,
I can take you sailing on Grand Traverse Bay in Lake Michigan....come on over and we will sail!! I'll be happy to help you out with that list.
I went paragliding last summer in Alaska (had an instructor with me)---so I can cross that one off. My husband didn't believe that I was crazy enough to do it. I LOVED IT! You only go around once, so do all that you can while you still can.
I only jumped off the side of a mountain. I would never jump out of an airplane....don't have the guts to do that one.

Jan in VA 05-13-2013 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin (Post 6062543)
Jan,
I can take you sailing on Grand Traverse Bay in Lake Michigan....come on over and we will sail!! I'll be happy to help you out with that list.
I went paragliding last summer in Alaska (had an instructor with me)---so I can cross that one off. My husband didn't believe that I was crazy enough to do it. I LOVED IT! You only go around once, so do all that you can while you still can.
I only jumped off the side of a mountain. I would never jump out of an airplane....don't have the guts to do that one.

Sails,
You have no idea what reading that offer did to my heart!!:cool: :thumbup: #soaring!
It may not be this year, but I would take you up on a sail for real as soon as I could! Watch out what you offer; I might show up at your door with my life vest and suitcase in hand, LOL!:D

Jan in VA

Wanabee Quiltin 05-14-2013 05:53 AM

I am a very lucky/fortunate woman. I have traveled in all 50 states many times and have traveled all over Europe and Asia. I would like to see Ephesus, Turkey though. Not much on my YOLO or bucket list now. I think I live to quilt and to enjoy life with my DH and my DP's (dear pets). I do think it's important to have goals and things we want to do in life.

tessagin 05-14-2013 06:50 AM

Used a lot on FACEBOOK and texting.

BertieD 05-14-2013 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by sailsablazin (Post 6062543)
Jan,

Only jumped off the side of the mountain? Jumping off a roof can kill you! Glad you enjoyed your paragliding! I'm not that brave!

skothing 05-14-2013 04:34 PM

Well I have several. Go to Macys Day Parade, I think I am doing it this year IF we can find a hotel. Oktoberfest in Munich, Chuck wagon Cook off, and Huston International show.