Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   You all ok from the tornado storms? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-all-ok-tornado-storms-t181137.html)

mrsponcho1 03-01-2012 09:23 AM

Ya know, I love the spring but I am terrified of tornadoes. I am glad that we dodged them this time. Everyone please stay tuned to your local weather when storms are predicted. The tornadoes that come during the night are the ones that usually cause more injuries since everyone is sleeping. I hope that everyone stays safe. Hugs to all the people in the communites that have been hit.

penski 03-01-2012 09:27 AM

i hope everyone stays safe , the weather channel said there are more to come tonight

GailG 03-01-2012 09:55 PM

Tornadoes terrify me. We have no basements in our area because of the water table. When hurricanes are predicted, we either hunker down or hit the road and try to get away from the coast and out of it's path. There is no escaping a tornado. I pray that all of you are safe.

beksclen 03-02-2012 06:01 AM

The 2 ladies killed were only about 5 miles north of us. It was Cumberland county TN near Crossville. A small area known as the Rinnie community.

Fabaddict 03-02-2012 06:14 AM

Branson got hit pretty hard, thankfully no one killed. Several injured however. To my knowledge, Highway 76 - better known as " the strip" is still closed. This is Branson's Centenial year and lots of activities have been planned. Those in charge say we will be up and running. I live just south of Branson and have decided to stay home and not go to being a tourist. - no damage here.

EllieGirl 03-02-2012 06:33 AM

I'm in Louisville and south/southwest of us got hit pretty hard. They are predicting major, major storms today with tornadoes and hail.

tothenci 03-02-2012 07:27 AM

Ihope everyone stays safe!

raptureready 03-02-2012 08:40 AM

We're under a tornado watch right now but I think we're just on the edge of the watch so . . . Keep your prayers going. And especially for the people in Missouri, Southern Illinois and Indiana, they're going to get the brunt of today's storm. I have a cousin in or near Harrisburg---haven't heard anything yet so I guess no news is good news. Several churches around here are taking donations of bottled water, blankets, food, etc., to take down there.
Just started raining hard but no hail or wind yet.

JuneBillie 03-02-2012 05:57 PM

I am hoping this will end soon, but it has been a long day. It is storming right now, severely, but a tornado went over tonight, stayed up in the air, so we are ok. I guess this will continue until we finally get the cool air. Praying for everyone.
I am East Tn.

EllieGirl 03-02-2012 06:20 PM

Just about 15 miles north of us two towns were leveled in Indiana. Between Kentucky and Indiana 15 people are dead. The storms went just north of us, and just south of us. The tornado that leveled the two towns was 1/2 mile wide. A mother and two babies were found dead. A 2 year old was found wandering through fields. I feel very thankful that we were spared the storm and the tornado.