Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Are You Left-Brain or Right-Brain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/you-left-brain-right-brain-t142044.html)

DogHouseMom 08-02-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Melrose V
She's spinnin' clockwise.

I've never heard of counter-clockwise being called "anti" clockwise. Interesting....

It's English (and other English speaking countries as well). When I was there listening to the traffic reports of the circular Motorway (M25) they reported clockwise and anti-clockwise.

luvstitches 08-02-2011 08:38 AM

I see her both ways.

dreamer2009 08-02-2011 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by cmagee84
I saw it counter-clockwise, the clockwise. It seemed to change on a regular basis. I think it is just timed to do that! HA!

LOL...I had to do it twice to notice that.
thought it was my imagination...

valsma 08-02-2011 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom

Originally Posted by valsma
So which brain are you if you saw her turning clockwise and counter clockwise, depening on how you shifted your eyes. I guess I use a little bit of both from time to time.

That's me too. The very first moment I opened it she was counter clockwise, but then she was clockwise the remainder of the time I looked AT her. When I shifted my eyes to read the article to the left she was spinning counter clockwise again.

When I read the descriptions under each - most of them for left and right apply to me.

Yup that was me. It seems she spins counter clockwise a little then switches to clockwise.

Furza Flyin 08-02-2011 08:52 AM

Interesting how most of us here can see it both ways. DH thinks I am crazy. He only sees it going counter clock wise. Must be the creative mind in us quilting folks.

Annaquilts 08-02-2011 08:54 AM

Right
I wonder if quilters tend to be more right?

Annaquilts 08-02-2011 08:56 AM

I have that too but when I looked at her straight on she was clock wise. When I read the words next to the image I see her going counter clock wise. I am not truely right handed either and do things often with both hands equaly well.

Originally Posted by valsma
So which brain are you if you saw her turning clockwise and counter clockwise, depening on how you shifted your eyes. I guess I use a little bit of both from time to time.

dreamer2009 08-02-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Furza Flyin
Interesting how most of us here can see it both ways. DH thinks I am crazy. He only sees it going counter clock wise. Must be the creative mind in us quilting folks.

he must be a true left brain :)

grammiepamie 08-02-2011 09:23 AM

I am left handed. The only thing I do with my left hand is right and bowl. Everything else I do right handed.Comb my hair, crochet, reach for something, just about everything.Years ago I managed a beauty supply store. We were taught to put pricing left to right according to prices. Cheapest to the left and expensive to the right. So according to this I am lefthanded but left brained????? No wonder my family thinks I am crazy!!!!!!!!!LOL LOL

Marcia D 08-02-2011 09:23 AM

clockwise, then counter clockwise. Yea, I'm just glad to have a brain these days.