Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Quakes from Coast to Coast

Blog Entries
    Just remember don't stand in a doorway Insteas lie or crouch by sturdy furniture ! Anything falling will use the sturdy furniture like a lean to. Keeping u safe!!

It's similar to watching people trampling over each other at the grocery store to get the last loaf of bread and carton of milk when 4 inches of snow is predicted. 3 hours north, and the folks would be rolling over laughing about it...

It all depends on what you are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    We now live in northern Cal on the Ore border. But used to live in San Jose. Both my girls were born there. The biggest quake I was in was a 6.2 back in the mid 1970's. We lived in a mobile home and it felt like it was going to bounce off the support blocks!! They are no fun to go through!! crafty_linda_b
    I used to live is So. Ca. too, was there for that big one in the 70's. It woke me up and I just said to myself, if I am going to die, I am dying in bed. DH and I had just moved into a new apartment and had a huge set of crystal glasses sitting on our kitchen table. They all tinkled, lightly bumping into each other, but nothing was broken- was very earie, I still remember that sound. I think that was more of a rolling quake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2