Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about PayPal

Blog Entries
    I have an account with paypal however I use it to buy and now that I have sold some fabric is there any way they can pay use paypal and it credit my account?

Blog Entries
    Yes, if they have a Pay Pal account.

Blog Entries
    Can you enlighten me, how to do this? Or how I should tell them how to do it. Please

If you set up a Paypal account, they give you certain passwords, etc. Paypal will store your credit card or debit card #. Then when you order from somewhere, like Ebay or some stores, you can click on PayPal logo to have the payment go thru there. I found that almost immediately, PayPal has withdrawn the money from my checking account. ( I use debit card) I have had NO problems with orders when I go thru PayPal....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
    I have an account with paypal however I use it to buy and now that I have sold some fabric is there any way they can pay use paypal and it credit my account?
    You probably have a personal PayPal account. There is no charge for these accounts. Someone else with a PayPal account can send you money and there is no charge as long as they do not send it via credit card. When I want to be paid via PayPal, I always specify in my listing that it has to be non-credit card PayPal.

If you have a personal account and accept a credit card PayPal payment to it (the website will ask for your approval before it is put into your account), your account will be automatically upgraded to a business account. Business accounts are charged a fee *every time* a payment is made to them, whether it is made with a credit card or not.

In order for someone to pay you via PayPal, they must set up a PayPal account of their own. I'm not sure what all the different ways are to set up a personal account. Mine I set up with an automatic connection to our checking account; it takes 3 to 5 business days to do the verification process for this kind of setup.

To actually make a payment, the person needs your PayPal email address. They go to the PayPal website, log in to their account, and then make a payment to the PayPal email address you have given them.

I send an invoice via paypal to their email address and they make the payment through paypal even if they do not have an account. Yes I am charged 3% for accepting payments.

How do you get paid if you use a credit card with paypal?
    I have only made purchases using paypal and they add the amount to my credit card. Also, I have had no problems using paypal.
    Thanks..........

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    I understand I use it all the time on ebay. But can the person who purchase fabric on this board paying me using pay pal . What is the process? Please understand I have had chemo and sometime my brain doesn't process things at first.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Thank you. I think I understand now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast