View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewmuchmore
I have an account with paypal however I use it to buy and now that I have sold some fabric is there any way they can pay use paypal and it credit my account?
You probably have a personal PayPal account. There is no charge for these accounts. Someone else with a PayPal account can send you money and there is no charge as long as they do not send it via credit card. When I want to be paid via PayPal, I always specify in my listing that it has to be non-credit card PayPal.

If you have a personal account and accept a credit card PayPal payment to it (the website will ask for your approval before it is put into your account), your account will be automatically upgraded to a business account. Business accounts are charged a fee *every time* a payment is made to them, whether it is made with a credit card or not.

In order for someone to pay you via PayPal, they must set up a PayPal account of their own. I'm not sure what all the different ways are to set up a personal account. Mine I set up with an automatic connection to our checking account; it takes 3 to 5 business days to do the verification process for this kind of setup.

To actually make a payment, the person needs your PayPal email address. They go to the PayPal website, log in to their account, and then make a payment to the PayPal email address you have given them.