Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A quilting board pet-peeve

I need to vent a bit this morning. I'm not even feeling irritable, but would like to say it anyway.

PLEASE read farther back in the thread! I see the same questions asked over and over. It's like when it's being read by a new reader, they want to comment immediately instead of reading a bit first. The question they have asked is usually addressed on page 2, but someone asks it on page 5, again on page 9, again on pages 13 and 18.

It's like jumping in on a conversation in a group. How silly to interupt and ask them to restart the story. And, it's pretty interesting to go back and read the whole thread, or atleast several pages.

Just for your entertainment, here is a photo of the colorado river, through the Grand Canyon.
    Name:  Attachment-16094.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  56.8 KB

I know I am guilty of that, but sometimes we just get in a hurry and want to comment before reading 8 or 9 pages.

I sometimes go back and reread something I've commented on and realized what I have done! :D Guess I'll try and be more careful in the future.

I really don't mind seen the same questions. Each time something new is added to the thread and I learn something new each time. We could suggest Admin to have a page with frequently asked questions and move these threads and let new people know about the page on their welcome e-mail. I sggest the threads left unlocked so new information can be added.

I have a question, what does locked mean??

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    I have a question, what does locked mean??
    Locked means ... you cannot post to the thread anymore. For lack of better words, it means that Admin and Mods are tired of "listening" to the thread, so the thread is "locked" so nothing else can be added.

Blog Entries
    They also locked "sold" threads. at least some of them. I wish we could delete them ourselves, and if we forget, then they can come clean up after us. I like being able to delete the pictures of items that are sold, and edit..it helps to avoid confusion.

i will try to be more in tune with threads,and read before i post an answer. i usually answer straight from the email..without checking whatelse has been written..

Great picture!

I am sure I am guilty of this too, however I don't always have time to read each post in a lengthy thread. Sorry to annoy you.

Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    They also locked "sold" threads. at least some of them. I wish we could delete them ourselves, and if we forget, then they can come clean up after us. I like being able to delete the pictures of items that are sold, and edit..it helps to avoid confusion.

i will try to be more in tune with threads,and read before i post an answer. i usually answer straight from the email..without checking whatelse has been written..
    Thanks guys for clearing that up for me. I've only sold one thing on here but I put "closed" when it was gone! (sold within 5 min.!!!!!)

I've noticed this too...nice photo of the Grand Canyon. When I was younger I hiked down in one day, spent the night and hiked out the next day. Carrying a 30 lb. pack! Those were the days:>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast