Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Quilts sent to Oklahoma tornado victims

Quilts sent to Oklahoma tornado victims

After reading on Quiltboard about the OK Quilt Drive, I boxed up the 10 quilts I had made & shipped them to be dispersed to the Tornado victims in Moore,OK. I am so glad I could help in some small way.

That is great...doesn't it feel good to be able to meet someone else's needs? I only have 5 to send...but even if I only had one...it would be ok. Now I can try out some new patterns and if I am not in love with them...they will be ready for the next donation that comes along.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for you kindness. I know they will be appreciated. I am finishing up one to send to my Son's neighbor that house was struck by lightning and burned the night before the Moore tornado. They live about 15 miles from Moore OK. So sad to see all the damage. Certainly a life changing event.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Can you even *imagine* going thru a lightening strike and fire one night and that horrific tornado the next? My God. I can not even fathom the stress this family must be feeling. How precious you are, Erstan, to show them how you are thinking of them.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.